Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I DID IT!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I made it all the way to my due date. WOOHOO! I am having complete mixed feelings right now. I spent nine months counting down till TODAY...and here I am. It's finally here. It went by slow, but so very quick at the same time. I am so excited for our little bundle of joy to come home to Allen and I. I can hardly wait to hold my son and show him all the love we have. I am so very excited, but at the same time I am sad right now. I have spent so many nights crying wanting him just to "come out already" and ready to do anything to get him out. Now here I am and I want him to stay in as long as he can. Last night was Allen's and my last night with it just being him and I in our home. Tonight my mom will be here and soon the baby. I am just so sad right now because its finally hitting me the change that is about to occur. I love my husband so much, words cannot even describe the way I feel about him. I haven't had much time with just him and I...oh gosh, here come the tears. Here I am crying because I just want my husband home with me right now. I want to cherish every last moment I have with JUST him. I already love my son so much, but I am not ready to share Allen. Is it selfish of me to just want him to myself? I love EVERYTHING about Allen. I love his quirkiness and his sense of humor. I love the way he smiles and the way he talks. I love the way he holds me and shows me he loves me. I love the way he makes me feel. I love the excitement I feel when he walks in the door. I wouldn't change him...I love him so much. I am so glad that I married him. My life would not be the same without him. He makes me so happy. I LOVE YOU ALLEN! You mean everything to me!

I cannot believe that we created a child. It's amazing to know that Heavenly Father trusts us to care and love for such an innocent child, and sees us fit to be parents. He trusts that we can do it and I know we can. I know that we have a long road ahead of us and that it will be hard...but very worth it! I am so excited for the challenge. I am so grateful for everything that Heavenly Father has blessed us with, especially this child. I know that he will bring Allen and I so much joy and happiness. I am excited to meet him and see what characteristics he has of us. I really hope that he doesn't have one piece of me in him. I just want him to be everything his father is because to me Allen is perfect. I am so excited to have a mini Allen running around the house driving me nuts! :) So excited...

5 comments:

  1. you may change your mind in a year

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, don't listen to allen. i'm so excited for you whit! hopefully your little bundle of joy decides to come out sooner than later! i'm so excited to see what he looks like! congrats again!! good luck with all that is ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen you're funny!! You two are going to be amazing parents! I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy. Congratulations Whitney I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want you and Allen time, just send me your baby! I want one!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you too. It's here! You're gonna hold your baby soon. I just can't wait. I'll be anxiously awaiting that text that tells me you're in labor. Yeeee.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.