Saturday, April 11, 2009

I had to do it.

Saturday, April 11, 2009
It was the HARDEST thing leaving the hospital today without my little baby. He has a low resting heart rate and it tends to drop when he sleeps. He has lost a ton of weight. They said he should be gaining about 20 grams a day and instead, our poor little guy has lost 150 grams since yesterday. They are really concerned about it. Riley needs to gain weight for 2 consecutive days before they will let him come home. So the earliest he will be coming home is Monday, and that is only IF he gains weight today and tomorrow. They are weighing him before and after each feeding and having me feed him more frequent, and pumping in between. It sure is a killer now that Allen and I are home because it's the pit to drive back and forth. Allen and I had to leave the hospital today. We were there since Tuesday and we no longer had a room. It was so sad leaving the hospital, and when I walked in the door of my house I just started crying and crying. My mom came up and hugged me and held me until I calmed down. It is nice to be in the comfort of my home, but I need my little boy!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I cant imagine leaving Isaac anywhere over night without me when he was that little.
    What is causing the weight loss? Most babies drop a little weight after they are born....but why is he still dropping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel, my friend. Chiara was in the NICU for 10 days, I had to come back to the hospital every 3 hours for feeding, and all I thought about when I was home was the empty crib. I'm so, so sorry. You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Whitney. Be strong and just know that the Lord has a plan for all of you.

    Try to rest when you are home and away from Riley. He is in good hands. I have been Praying for you and Allen everyday and I will continue to do so.

    By the way, he is so precious. I thing he looks like his Uncle Mark. What a sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.