Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Contractions

Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Instead of making a new post all day long I am just going to update on this post for you guys to read. So when you check back throughout the day you can see what is going on.

2:00am: Woke up with contractions. Laid in bed for an hour feeling them.
3:00am: Decided to start timing my contractions. 8 minutes apart lasting a little over a minute each.
4:00am: Stopped timing them and tried to get some sleep
5:00am: Gave up on trying to sleep and got in the bath tub to relax and started timing them again. 4 minutes apart lasting about 50 seconds each.
5:45am: Got out of the bath and Allen and I finished packing and got something to eat hoping we would get ready leave for the hospital.
6:00am: Contractions started slowing down and are again about 8 minutes apart.
7:30am: Allen and I went for a brisk walk and curbing hoping that it will increase my contractions again. Contractions now really slowing down about 15 minutes apart.
8:00am: Allen and I went back to bed to try to get some sleep in between contractions. Still about 15 minutes apart.
10:30am: Woke up from sleeping. Was continually having them every 15 minutes and resting between each contraction. Got out of bed to start moving around. Contractions started speeding up.
11:30am: Contractions slowing down again. Back to every 15 minutes. GRRRRR!
12:00pm: I have now been having contractions for 10 hours and still 15 minutes apart. Are they going to speed back up or continue like this or stop altogether? So frustrating!
2:15pm: Thought my water broke.
2:45pm: Arrived at hospital and I was hooked up to the machines.
4:30pm: I was told that I would be admitted and that I would be staying, contractions are two to four minutes apart.
5:00pm: Received iv and it didn't hurt.
5:15pm: Checked cervix dilated to a four.
5:30pm: received Epidural and feeling great.
6:45pm: Effaced 90% still dilated to a Four.
7:45pm: The babies heart rate dropped the nurse checked the cervix dilated to a five.
9:45pm: Dilated to a seven and going strong

10 comments:

  1. umm it's almost been 4 hours since you updated us last. HELLO. we wanna know stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. i've been checking your blog all day for updates! ;) we wanna know about this baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey this is allen she is doing good they are still just monitoring her and waiting to progress a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great, she is in labor and updating her blog. i love my sister in law. I cant wait to see my nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. actually allen is doing the updating

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I cant believe the day has come! Good luck and hope that mom and baby will be strong and healthy! Cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!! Good luck mama!! Can't wait to hear the details and see pictures of the (probably not so) little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh good..I'm glad it's Allen. I'm sure Whitney is busy...Tell her I said I am SO SO SO happy for you guys! I knew it would be soon! She didn't even need to worry! I can;t wait to hear what happens..and am checking every hour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Go Whitney! This is so exciting...I love the updates!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.