Sunday, April 12, 2009

THE BEST EASTER

Sunday, April 12, 2009
You all know how badly I wanted my baby home for Easter. I have said over and over again that I just want to wake up Easter morning in my home with my little son. Well, that didn't happen. Allen and I have been going back and forth every three hours to feed Riley and in between those hours I had to pump. They wanted tons of milk to stuff the little guy so he would gain weight. Well this morning we woke up and went to the hospital at 8:30 to feed him and we both felt like a train wreck. We are so exhausted from going back and forth. I felt like I just rose from the dead or something. Well we walked into the Special Care and didn't know we had a wonderful surprise waiting for us. The nurse opened the door for us and said she just checked Riley and he was a new baby today. They weighed him and he had gained tons of weight since yesterday and that all our hard work paid off. He gained more than an ounce and they didn't expect him to gain that much. They told us he would for sure be coming home tomorrow morning and asked if we would like to stay at the hospital tonight. Allen and I both agreed it would be best to move back into the hospital for the night for our own sanity! :) So we told them that we would like that and they gave us even better news. They said we could move into the room at any time today and that the baby could come with us. He will be moved out of Special Care and into our own care! So Allen and I fed him and left to come home for Easter breakfast. We got all showered and ready for the day and we are going to go back to the hospital. We are going to spend a few hours with Riley and then come home for Easter dinner. My mom is making Ham and cream potatoes...Allen's and my FAVORITE! Then after our early dinner we are going back to the hospital, take Riley out of Special Care and take him into our room and keep him there....ALL NIGHT! :) It will be so wonderful to be with him all night and spend easter with him. He is such a healthy little boy and doing so wonderful. I am so proud of him for eating so much. Yesterday I was crying because he wasn't eating and Allen took him and held him up and faced him towards me and said, "Look at what you are doing to your mom, you better start eating!" And then Riley started crying, it was so sad! Allen and Marc gave him a blessing yesterday and with the blessing and everyones prayers, and all Allen's and my hard work...RILEY IS FINALLY COMING HOME! Thank you so much for all everyones love and prayers. It has meant the world to Allen and I. We love our son so much and just want him with us always. I already feel like Riley has always been apart of my life. He is such a wonderful baby that I love so much. I could not ask for a better Easter. I will be spending it with Allen and my healthy baby! I love those two more than anything in this world! What wonderful blessings I have been given...

2 comments:

  1. That is such wonderful news! I have been praying for little Riley and am so happy you get to be with him tonight. Good luck with the transition of taking him home. He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations my dear! I haven't checked people's blogs in awhile and I knew you'd be posting updates on Riely! I'm sorry that he had to be in Nicu for awhile, but according to your latest update you're going to be able to bring him home tomorrow. I'm so excited for you hun! I have no doubt that you're going to be an incredible mother.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.