Monday, April 13, 2009

All 3 of us...together at HOME!

Monday, April 13, 2009
Riley was able to come home today. Allen and I spent last night with him in the hospital room! He struggled a little bit at the beginning but then he slept for 5 hours straight. Mommy sure was happy. Last night Allen changed his diaper and Riley peed all over...I laughed so hard. I guess I shouldn't have because I got pay back today. We were home and I had him laying in my bed to change his diaper and I opened it up and got a nice surprise. He started peeing, but not just a little...A LOT! It was like a fountain on full blast. It shot up and all over...all over mommies bed, pillow, his clothes, himself, and...IN HIS MOUTH! The poor guy was screaming and then I started screaming for my mom's help. We washed him off, got a new diaper on him, new clothes, swaddled him up, and then he was nice and calm again. Boy was that an adventure. I just felt so bad that he peed in his mouth! We took all these pictures dressing him up in his outfit to come home...and then realized there was no card in my camera. So now I have no pictures of that. I was so sad. We put Riley in his car seat and boy did he love it. He hated it the first second and then he started to really like it. My mom bought me this wonderful blanket that goes inside the car seat. There are holes in it that velcro so that the straps come through and he is still buckled in his car seat. You aren't allowed to have blankets wrapped around the baby in the car seat because they cant be all buckled in, but with this they can. I am so glad that he has a little thing to snuggle in that is approved! :) A lady in my ward back home makes them and I think they are just wonderful. He gets to sit in his car seat and be all swaddled in and comfortable...and it keeps them quiet...BRILLIANT! So we put Riley in the car and Allen drove home as I sat with my little friend in the back and played with him. When we drove up Allen ran in the house to get the card for my camera so we can at least have pictures of us walking into the house for the first time. So here are some pictures. I sure love my little man!
Here he is in the car seat in the car wrapped in his car seat swaddler! 


Mother and son outside the car


Riley coming through the door for the very first time! It sure was fun to welcome him to his house!


Another picture of him swaddled in his car seat swaddler. I love the little bears on the fabric. Thanks mom! Riley loves his blanky!



Riley in his car seat not wrapped in his blanket. I love my little man so much!



Riley in his coming home outfit. Man is it HUGE on him. HAHAHA! He still looked cute. I think he looks a lot like Allen in these pictures!


Allen is so excited to have a little friend to play XBox with. I have a feeling Allen is always going to win!

3 comments:

  1. Oh congrats!! He's adorable! Good luck with your first night at home! I hope you get enough sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think he looks alot like Allen in those pictures too! I bet Riley will be able to beat daddy someday at Xbox :) Riley sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that is so fun. he's home!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.