Saturday, April 11, 2009

Riley

Saturday, April 11, 2009
Allen and I are still here at the hospital. They gave us a room on the other side of the hospital for 2 nights which means we don't get to stay here tonight. Riley was doing so well and they thought he would be able to come home on Friday, but then they said he needed to stay another night to be watched more since he had just gotten off his IV. They said he would be able to be taken home Saturday (TODAY), but that may not be happening now. When I went down to the Special Care at 3 this morning to feed him they said his heart rate has been dropping and that it dropped 4 times just from 12-3. Then when I just went for my last feeding they said his heart rate has still been dropping. He lost a ton of weight and then started gaining some more back. It keeps going in and out. When he was born he weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces, but as of right now after his last feeding he weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces. My milk is completely in now and he is eating a ton, so he should not be as small as he is right now. It's hard because he looks so healthy, but he is still having some problems. It just breaks my heart. I wanted more than anything to have him home for easter morning, but that may not be happening now. I just want him to be healthy and whatever that takes is fine with me, but it still is difficult. He will be seen by the doctor again in a few hours and they will tell me more. I just hope things get better. I sure love that little boy!

Here are some more pictures of some recent activity:
Riley with his Aunt Katie

Abby is too young to be able to go into the Special Care so she has to watch her cousin through the window. She is just on AJ's shoulders having fun!
This is Riley's friend Danette. She was the nurse who he was taken to immediately after birth in the NICU and she has taken such good care of him. She is the best nurse and is so amazing with him. She checks on him all the time to make sure he is doing well.



He had an IV hooked up to his feet so he wasn't able to get his foot prints taken right away. Well now that he is off the IV he was able to get that done this morning at 3:30. I was so happy I could be there for it!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about the weight to much. Peyton weighed 8.8 when he was born and got down to 7.14 and he is healthy as can be. Pictures are cute

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.