Sunday, April 19, 2009

And we are back...at the HOSPITAL!

Sunday, April 19, 2009
AH I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! Nobody will give me answers. My baby was in the Special Care for a week for a reason...there is something wrong with him. Why can't anybody figure out what it is? At first when he was born he was put on oxygen because he was struggling with breathing and panting like a dog with such shallow breaths. Then they said maybe he had a heart murmur. Then they said maybe he has an infection so they put him on antibiotics. Then his heart rate kept dropping. Then he lost a TON of weight. He should have gained about 20 grams a day...instead he lost 150 grams in TWENTY FOUR hours. Every time we would ask someone what is wrong with him they would always say that they didn't know. After everything Riley and Allen and I went through they sent him home without answers. We thought things were great. Monday and Tuesday came and went. Then Wednesday we took him to get circumcised. That day we started noticing that he was breathing funny again. We kept watching it closely and he kept breathing like he did when he was first born, fast shallow breaths like a dog. Thursday we started getting really nervous. We called the Pediatrician and took him in. We had to see the on call doctor since it was after hours. The stupid guy said that he thinks Riley might have reflex and put him on medicine. Then the stupid medicine started making him throw up after eating and it never happened before. He would throw up all his milk out his mouth and it would also pour out his nose. He did that on Thursday and on Friday. Saturday I decided not to give him the medicine since it was making him throw up his food. He wasn't throwing up anymore...stupid doctor. Saturday my mom noticed that when he was breathing really shallow that he was caving in right below his rib cage and above his collar bone...which isn't good the doctor said. He also started getting really pale and turned a little blue. Today we woke up and Riley was really pale and was a little blue again. He was breathing really funny again today. I was laying with him and all of a sudden he would he would start gasping for air and start shaking a little bit. It would last for about 5 seconds or so and then stop. He did it 4 times in a row. I then called the Pediatrician again. This pediatrician said the other doctor was wrong about the reflex and said he thinks everything is normal with the baby. How is it normal to not be able to breathe and start turning a little blue and to be having your heart rate dropping? Normal? I don't think so! The doctor said he suggested Riley stay at the hospital for 24 hours hooked up to machines and see what is going on. So now him and I are back at the hospital once again. I feel like I was just here...maybe because I was. I bet after all of this I still wont know what is going on with my baby and will still have NO answers. Wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO sorry Whitney! What a horrible experience to have to bring BACK the baby you just took from the hospital! I really hope they can figure out what is wrong and fix it quickly!! Your family is in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a message on FB, give it 24 hours if they give the same answers when I was there say you want him at Childrens. If they keep saying they do not know then it is time for a new hospital. Remember not to be rude or get upset you will get no where. Stay calm and polite you will get farther this way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. That is horrible!
    Riley will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.