Friday, October 17, 2008

Thanks for the date night!

Friday, October 17, 2008
So my doctor said that after a week that I could leave the house for a minimal amount of time as long as it wasn't strenuous and that I wasn't on my feet for a long period of time. I have been locked up in this boring house now for a week and a half and couldn't handle it anymore. Allen has the night off so we had a little date night. We just made dinner at home and then he took me to Babies R Us. OMG I had such a blast. I have been dying to go to see my furniture in person. I saw the furniture online that I wanted and when I saw it in person I was in LOVE! It is just so gorgeous and the furniture is HUGE! It is so much bigger than the other furniture in the store. It doesn't look big in the picture but it is very LARGE. Allen really liked the furniture as well so that is what we will be getting. So here is another picture of the furniture we are going to get:



Oh I just love it so much. I showed Allen the colors I was thinking for our nursery and he thought that it would be great. So our colors are going to be Brown, Cream, and Baby Blue. I don't want to do a theme for the room like some people do...I just like plain colors. Since our furniture is so dark we are going to just stick with cream bedding and then accent with blue and cream throughout the room. I was looking at some picture online at some baby rooms and saw the decorations for this nursery and I love it!



We cant paint in our apartment so I was thinking about maybe getting brown, cream, and light blue vinyl and cutting out polka dots to put on the main wall that the crib will be on. I wanted to bring in some colors on the walls so that it isn't just plain white and I think this is a great idea to do it. I haven't cleared it with Allen yet, so I guess he will find out when he reads this post! :) So what do you guys think?

After we did some planning at Babies R Us, Allen took me out for ice cream at Sub Zero. For those who haven't had it...it is the best ice cream in the world. You choose your base, whether you want non fat yogurt, custard, etc...and then you choose your flavor ice cream. They have seriously like 50 flavors ice cream and then you choose a topping for a mix in. The ice cream is just a liquid in front of you as they mix it together, and right in front of your eyes....THEY FREEZE IT! It is the coolest thing to see your liquid you picked out freeze in front of your eyes. I chose Chocolate fudge with skor bar pieces and it was the best ice cream I have ever tasted. We will for sure go back again. For those living in the Provo/Orem area, YOU MUST GO! So yummy. So thanks Allen for the wonderful date night. It sure was fun planning for our little boy! We love him already! :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit,
    I'm so glad you FINALLY got out of the house and got some sanity back. I'm so sorry for your scare and I hope you and Allen are ok, and know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.


    Julie

    P.S. I love your ideas for your baby....it's so cute to see you so excited...and I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the furniture you picked out! I think your nursery will be adorable. We did polka dots in our nursery as well and I have to say, I think I like them on one wall better than all over. Anyhow, my friend owns a vinyl company and she has amazing prices. Let me know if you want her number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey whitney! Of course I remember you. Congratulations on your wedding and now baby! Your pictures are so pretty! Thursday I will be 27 weeks... It seems like January is so far away but I am sure it will fly by! When exactly are you due? Are you living in Utah? Are you in school? Anyways good hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.