Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh this is wonderful!

Sunday, October 12, 2008
Today we slept in until 10:00. It felt so great! I was so amazed that Allen slept that long because he doesn't like sleeping in. So we woke up (well because the deacons came by to collect fast offerings...otherwise we could have kept sleeping) and had a nice morning together. It was great to have some alone time together all morning! Lately he has had to pick up extra shifts since I cant work. He is such a trooper and I love him so much. So this morning we cuddled for awhile and it was so nice to just lay there together. Then we did the laundry together which was greatly needed. It was just so nice to spend time together...and then he had to leave for his church meetings. He had 2 before church and then all of church...and I am just sitting here. My doctor instructed me to not even go to church for 3 weeks...I think that is crazy. It was General Conference the week before so then add three weeks to that and I wouldn't have taken the sacrament then for a month...we can't have that! So we will see if I stay home for three weeks or not, I want to get out and at least go to church!

Maria (Allen's sister) invited us over for dinner tonight! That was so sweet of her since I am not supposed to be up cooking. It will be nice to have a good meal tonight because I have been dying for one. Thanks Maria we really appreciate it a lot!

I talked again with Roberts on the phone and told them what my doctor said. My doctor said that it would be okay for me to continue there after my bedrest since it isn't strenuous on my body. I thought they would fill my position in the meantime but the Lord sure is blessing Allen and I. My manager said, "Ok we will see you in 2 more weeks then!" Oh I was so happy that I didn't lose that job. So in two weeks I get to start working there again, but I am finished at The Pizza Factory. The doctor said that it wasn't good to continue there and that it could cause harm to the baby. So first comes mine and my little sons health, so I am finished. It is really sad though because it is s great job. So goodbye Pizza Factory!

Also in the previous post I posted a pic of the baby furniture I am thinking about for our little son. Tell me if you like it or not. As for nursery colors I was thinking about baby blue, brown, and cream...but Allen doesn't like it. Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are workin out for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to go with cream if you're going to do dark furniture. Bright white looks kind of severe, and anything too colorful makes it look a little overdone. I think a lot of cream and a little blue would be fabulous. That's just my humble opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you don't know me, but I'm Casey's friend. I was just blog hopping and started reading some of your posts. I hope that's not stockerish, but I saw that you're on bedrest. I was on complete bedrest with my pregnancy and then on hospital bedrest. There is a website called sidelines.com that is like a support group for woman with all different kinds of pregnancy problems. The hospital recommended it to me. It usually helps to talk to people going through similar situations. Also, one thing that I learned was it is important to plan your day so you don't get bored. I hated bedrest, I couldn't sit up straight. I had to mostly be laying down flat and sometimes I could sit at a 45 degree angle. So I know what you're going through. Anyway, I just thought I would recommend that website to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another of those blog stalkers. :) I'm Shelli's sister-in-law. I was on bed rest with my daughter too, so I totally know what you're going through. I was only able to stand up to get food and use the restroom, and the rest of the time I had to lay down. I read lots of books while I was down, and I asked the young men in the ward to bring me the sacrament after church so that I didn't go for months without the sacrament. They were so willing and it was a sweet experience to receive the sacrament in my home. I totally recommend you do the same! And please, take bed rest seriously. It's so easy to disregard it when you don't feel like anything is physically wrong. But bed rest is for the protection of your baby. I have many friends who had premature babies who either passed on or spent 3-4 months in the NICU, raking up millions of dollars in medical bills. If laying down will help prevent that, it's so worth it! I know it's hard on you, but do it for Riley. Don't push yourself; stay down and help your baby develop. Gravity is not your friend until after 37 weeks! :) Good luck. And just remember, at least you're not caring for a two-year-old on top of all this! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.