Wednesday, October 8, 2008

An insight on my bed ridden days...

Wednesday, October 8, 2008
For those who don't understand why I am on bed rest, I talked about it in the previous post. Wow, today has been really rough. Normally on my days off I love sitting around all day being lazy...but when you are forced to do it, it is miserable! I sure don't like this bed rest thing and it is only day one. The earliest my doctor could squeeze me in is tomorrow, so I am really hoping that I will be able to get some more answers about my situation. As of now, our little baby boy is still okay and we are all just praying it stays that way. I feel so lucky to know this early what we are having because I have so many friends who are pregnant and still DYING to know. My bleeding has continued today but it is very little. Hopefully it will just stop...

Since I am on bed rest I obviously can't work. The Pizza Factory has been so great about everything and I feel so grateful that my manager Hillary is helping me out. All of the servers have been so great at taking my shifts and texting me to see if I am okay or if I need anything. Thank you all so much. As of right now I asked Hillary to take me off the schedule till things get better. The hospital told me last night that with my situation it will be very dangerous for me through my whole pregnancy and I shouldn't be serving. I am going to speak to my doctor tomorrow and if he tells me I am done serving, then that's how it is going to have to be. I am really sad though because I really like my job and wanted to continue serving up until I deliver. But if it is going to be dangerous for me and the baby with the situation, then it just isn't worth it. We will see...

As for Roberts they were also so great with everything. Seeing that I just got hired and only have worked 3 shifts and they didn't even know I was pregnant, they took it great. I told them that the doctor has put me on bed rest and I am not sure when I will be able to work and that I understand if they need to hire somebody else. My manager Karen was so great and told me to relax and take it easy. She told me to describe my work duties there to the doctor and see if that will be okay for me to continue there. So tomorrow I will know so much more. If I can't do either jobs anymore through my pregnancy I will have to find a desk job where I just sit there. If anyone knows of anything let me know because I may be needing a new job. I will be SOOOO sad if I have to leave Roberts because it is seriously such a fun job. I enjoy working there and everyone is just so nice. It sure is fun to work there during the holidays because of all the decorations...it just makes me so happy.

So all day today I have just laid on the couch and watched TV in Allens clothes. I love wearing them because they are big on me and so comfortable. I am so lonely all day because I just lay there bored stiff! If anyone has any ideas on what to do....PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

On a happier note, I am 15 weeks today. Here was my email for today:
"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")"


Haha...I already know the sex of the baby so I am already ahead of this email. Well like I said in the previous post the hospital measured the baby in the ultrasound and our little boy is growing ahead of schedule. This means that he is BIGGER than the apple. :) They said the doctor should be moving me up ahead about a week so I will maybe find out tomorrow. I will let everyone know how everything is going and keep you all posted. Thanks so much for your concerns and love. It sure has helped a lot!

3 comments:

  1. Hey congrats on a boy, and I am glad everything turned out all right last night.

    I really like that song from the postal service and good luck on staying busy, my only suggestion is to send Allen to the library to get you stuff to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I read the article. Sounds scary, but also sounds like there is still hope for it to move. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you not working for UVU anymore? Scary news! I hope your doctor can give you some comforting information. Also, rent TV series DVD...they could be a life saver.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.