Wednesday, October 29, 2008

18 weeks

Wednesday, October 29, 2008
"Head to butt, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound."




I seriously hate that until 20 weeks they only measure from head to their butt. Why dont they include the legs? His legs are long so they would add so much length to the measurement. I guess they only count to the butt because the legs are bent and stuff. Its awesome to know though that my baby boy is 5 1/2 inches from his head to butt...because really he is way longer than that. Its CRAZY to know I have a baby inside of me. My belly is getting big enough to were I dont know were to put my arms. Its so funny! So last night I felt this weird feeling in my stomach and I am pretty sure it was the baby, but cant be positive. I guess I wont really know its the baby until I start feeling it more often. That's twice now that I have felt something in there but I am not counting it to be the first time I felt him because i am not positive!

Today was my first day back at work. My body is KILLING me. I worked an 8 hour shift standing at a cash register all day. So doing that right after being on bed rest for 3 weeks really kills. I work 7 hours tomorrow night and then I am off for the rest of the week. It will be great to relax over the weekend.

Well things are going well in the Bennett house. We have carved our pumpkins and are so excited for the holidays. Allen's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year so that will be fun. This year Allen's family is coming up here for Christmas so that will be great! It will be nice to work and not have to ask for it off. This is my first year away from my family for Christmas so it will be different, but I am very excited at the same time to spend the holidays with the Bennett's for the first time. Allen is going to school and working really hard between 2 jobs. He is such a trooper and I am so proud of him. Besides that nothing new is going on. I am just anxiously waiting for our little boy. We have so much more to go...almost half way! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.