Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference

Saturday, October 4, 2008
Wow, conference was really great this morning. I was so excited to hear about the new temples to be built. When they said there was going to be another one in Argentina, Allen screamed for joy...it was so cute. He said that they are really in need of another temple there and I am so excited. Also, how cool is it that they are going to build a new temple in ROME! Wow...that is the coolest news. I am so excited for these new temples. Oh this is so great!

I really enjoyed Dallin H. Oaks talk this morning. I think that his talk really needed to be heard. For those who didn't get to listen to it, it was about the sacrament. He talked about the reverence that should be held in the chapel and everything. Oh it was so great. I LOVED how he mentioned that we should all arrive early and sit in our seats quietly while listening to the music. It is not a time for socializing and preparing. We need to sit there reverently and prepare for the sacrament. I thought about how noisy it is ALWAYS in sacrament before it starts and how everyone walks around talking. I sure hope people listened to his talk and follow his direction. I know that if we listen to the music and prepare for the sacrament that we will get so much more out of the talks and church.

So you know how most people make a big breakfast the mornings of conference and you sit there in you PJs and eat breakfast in front of the TV...well we did that today, like always. My family has always done that and it is my favorite. Well normally we make a huge breakfast with eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, toast....EVERYTHING! There is a little bit of everything. Well with being pregnant I cant keep down hasbrowns and eggs so we had to alter the normal "conference breakfast". So I decided we would make waffles with homemade syrup, bacon, and sausage. Not huge, but stuff I can keep down. Well, I didn't keep it down. Oh I was so sad. I couldn't even enjoy my conference breakfast! I ate almost all of it and I only had a few bites left when all of a sudden I spit out my bite that was in my mouth and stood up quickly. Allen knew what was up...I was about to throw it up. I tried to drink some water and try to keep it down but I knew I wasn't going to be able to. So I ran to the bathroom and you get the picture. I was so sad! Allen came into the bathroom and stood there with me and made sure I was okay. It was so cute. I was just so glad that he came and checked on me and showed me that he loves me. I love my husband so much!

I have to work tonight at Roberts for ladies night out. I am prepared for it to be one CRAZY night tonight. I will let you know how it goes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.