Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ladies Night Out

Sunday, October 5, 2008
So last night I didn't get to go out for Ladies Night Out because I had to work at Roberts. Let me tell you, that store gets CRAZY on Ladies Night Out. For those who don't know what Ladies Night Out is let me explain. Twice a year we have what is called General Conference, where the members of the church get to hear from the general authorities in our church and listen to their counsel. Well on General Conference weekend there is a Priesthood session that all the men in the church get to go to...and while the guys are gone all the girls go out and do something fun. Well, hopefully I explained that well enough. Anyways, you can imagine how packed a craft store is with how much mormon ladies like their crafts! :) Everyone is there buying stuff and they get to participate and take classes for free. These classes included stuff like making cards, trick-or-treat bags, etc. They served hot popcorn with melted chocolate and caramel drizzled on top...oh it was delicious! They also did a cake walk every fifteen minutes from 5-9. Instead of winning cakes and cupcakes, they won fun prizes. It was a huge event and so much fun...but VERY VERY VERY crazy. Luckily I didn't have to work the cash registers that night. I got to teach a class on card making and teach them how to make this ADORABLE I love you card. So I got to sit there and do crafts and eat popcorn while getting paid! It was quite the evening. Well after we closed we had to put all the go backs back (all the items that people decided they didn't want once they got to the register). We had carts and carts of stuff. There was also another new girl there with me and we didn't know where lots of the stuff went. Everything was bought out in the scrapbooking section so all the pegs were EMPTY! So trying to match up exactly where an item went on a specific peg was VERY difficult to find out. We finally left at 10:40 at night, and we hadn't even finished all the go backs! I was very excited to go home and relax! :)

Conference was great this morning. I sure love Thomas S. Monson! Isn't he just so great. I do have to admit though that it is still weird to not see cute Gordon B. Hinckley with his cane and his smiles! I sure miss him! I avoided trying to eat breakfast today because I didn't feel like throwing up today. Eventually I got hungry so I made some toast, and that worked out well for me. I am going to attempt to eat Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy tonight. Wish me luck!

Also, I posted a new recipe so check it out. Stay tuned this week for some more recipes!

2 comments:

  1. Haha that's so funny that the store was packed with girls. Your job sounds really fun man. Yeah, it is sad not to see President Hinckley with his cane and smiles. But he's in a happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conference was awesome! Sounds like they did some fun things at your work that is great :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.