Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby complications...

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Tonight was one of the scariest nights of my life. All day everything went great. I woke up, went to work...nothing different from normal. Well around 5:00 today I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was bleeding. Not just a little but a LOT! I just started bawling and tried calling Allen. He was on his way home from work. Poor guy walked in and I was sitting on the couch just a mess! We hugged and he was so sweet. Then we called our doctor and asked him what we should do. He said that since I am in my second trimester and with how my pregnancy has been going so far that he had some concerns. He told me I needed to get to the ER right away and get checked out and have an ultrasound. I went and got in the shower and then we went over to my sister-in-laws house so that my brother-in-law and Allen could give me a blessing. The blessing was so sweet and it really calmed me a lot! We went to the ER and we were seen right away...it was great to not wait! They did a pelvic examination and said everything seemed to look okay but that I needed to get an ultrasound. YAY for my first ultrasound...but I wasn't very excited for it because I didn't know if my baby was still alive or not. They wheeled me away into the ultrasound room and right away we saw the heart flickering in the picture. Tears of joy ran down my face because I hadn't miscarried. We watched our baby and she measured everything. She said with how the baby is growing it looks like the baby might be about a week early. So we may be having a March baby instead of April. I am 15 weeks tomorrow and we weren't going to be able to find out the sex of the baby until 20 weeks...so 5 weeks away. I asked the doctor if they could tell if it was a boy or a girl, and she looked....

I know you are all wanting to know what we are having.....soooooo......

We are having.......

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

!!!!!!!!!! A BOY !!!!!!!!!!

Oh we are so excited! Allen and I were both hoping for a boy so we are just so dang happy! The doctor said that I am still at high risk for miscarriage because of how my placenta lays over my cervix and there is a tare in my placenta. So I am now on bed rest until directed otherwise. This is really sad seeing that I just started my new job a few days ago and now I cant work. I sure hope they are going to be okay with anything. If you all could just keep Allen and I in your prayers that would be great. I am going to stay off my feet for awhile and pray and hope that everything goes well...

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow congratulations! I'm glad everything turned out okay. What a scary experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney,
    Oh My Goodness!!! I know how scary this is. It's happened to me many times. Take the Dr's. advice very, very seriously and stay down!!! Call me if you need to talk in more detail. My sweet daughter Paige is a result of months of bedrest due to placenta previa-which is what you have. Call me. I'll be praying for you!
    Love you! Chari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey whitney, I am sorry that this was such a scary moment. I am glad everything turned out ok. Know that I am here for you. Love ya.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Whit,

    I'm sorry that things are a little scary for you guys right now. Jeremy and I will definitely keep you in our prayers. On a lighter note- congrats on the baby boy! We are very excited for you! That's what Jeremy is hoping for. :) Keep us all posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting that you are having a boy. I'm so sorry about the complications...let me know if you need ANYTHING. K lady? You will definitely be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. scary!! I hope everything gets better and the baby and you stay safe! we'll keep you in our prayers..just try not to worry! I know I always worry and it always makes things worse! and congrats on having a boy! thats so fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.