Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's called the awkward stage!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
So you know when you are a little girl and everyone hits that awkward stage? Things start changing on your body and you feel uncomfortable. Everyone seems prettier than you and you so badly want to fit in. You try a little bit of makeup and try doing your hair. No matter what you do its just awkward. Well you don't know you are awkward until you look back and you say, "WOW!" Well this happens to almost every girl growing up when they hit around 10 and it lasts a couple years. Everyone goes through it. Well, people don't tell you this but you hit that awkward stage again in your life. It's when you get pregnant.

I have been in this awkward stage for about the last month and I just can't seem to get out of it! This awkward stage hits when your stomach tightens up and gets rock hard. Your belly grows a little bit but not a ton. You get this awkward looking gut that you can't suck in anymore because your stomach is so hard. Your normal clothes are too tight and uncomfortable, but maternity clothes are too big! You just can't find anything to wear, and you don't feel cute. You do your makeup and hair and you just feel gross. You've gained some weight but people don't know you are pregnant. It's just AWKWARD! Most women get in and out of this stage very quickly because one morning their belly just "POPS" and you start looking pregnant. I have been waiting for this pop and it just isn't happening. People keep telling me that I should be grateful that I haven't popped yet but I am not. I am so sick of this stage. I just sit around in my husband clothes because they are loose on me and I can get comfortable. I just want out of this awkward stage.

What do you do to feel better? What can you wear? How do you get comfortable? I have decided that there is no answer to that question. My sister in law Maria told me on Sunday that I probably just hide my belly differently because I am so tall. Short people tend to just stick out because there isn't anywhere for the little guy to go but straight out. For me there is more room I guess...but still I want to feel cute being pregnant. It makes sense that tall people can hide it better but I don't want to hide it anymore.

How do you get out of this stage? Any suggestions would help so please keep them coming...

9 comments:

  1. Hey,

    That stinks! Let me know if you would like me to bring you dinner, I understand that it must be hard getting around.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I hate to tell you this but all of pregnancy felt awkward to me. I didn't "pop" till about 30 weeks and then I just felt huge and awkward. And then you have the baby and you are still in an awkward stage. It's just a whole new way of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang it! :) So here comes the start of my new "awkward life"? dang...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont worry about it!! I'm sure you look cute..I didn't look pregnant at 16 weeks..it'll come soon. my motto is if i can just get through another day then I'm going to be ok. haha i hate this being sick somedays and feeling good others. thanks for your comment though, you always make me feel good. can these kids come any faster?! i wish it was march...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just be grateful you are not uncomfortable yet. Enjoy sleeping and feeling rested! It doesn't last too much longer. Good luck with everything, let me know if there is anything I can help you with from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious lady. And why have you not been on gmail lately? I've been so bored without you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Whitney ... I know. I really know. :) I'm short, though, so I'm showing a lot more than I think is typical for only 5 months, but this is what I did. I went to the Motherhood store in the mall and they have these WONDERFUL pants that instead of having a waistband they have a big stretchy-thing that goes up and over the bump. The legs are kind of stretchy, so you can get a normal size and still have them fit. Also, the belly part is so stretchy that it will fit the WHOLE 9 months. I love them. I think I'll wear them after I have our baby too. :) I have 4 pairs. Shirts were a lot easier to find for me (I just bought a bunch of the Down East Outfitters tees in a size larger because they're stretchy) but I wasn't happy or comfy until I found the belly pants. :) Let me know if you try them. I'd let you borrow a pair but I've already hemmed them to accommodate my shortness. :) Good luck! (Oh, and you probably look way cuter to other people that you do to yourself ... At least that's what I'm hoping for myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the. That's lame! FIX IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm tall and I was in the same boat when I was about 16-20 weeks. Go to Motherhood and buy OVERALLS!!! I lived in them they are so comfortable and everyone knows only babys and preggo's wear overalls. So even though your kinda but not quite showing people will know as soon as you put on your overalls! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.