Saturday, March 21, 2009

A lot of preparing...

Saturday, March 21, 2009
Well there's been a lot going on lately. Yesterday I went and ran some errands. I had some money on a Babies R Us gift card and I went and used it. I got some special detergent you are supposed to use on baby clothes so I can get his clothes and blankets all washed so they are all ready to go!

I also got some baby Q-Tips and pacifiers and also a basket for his bookshelf. I already had a blue one I had gotten at my shower and I wanted to get a brown one too!

So I picked up a brown one and put it on his bookshelf. I still need to get one more blue and one more brown one for the bottom shelf of his bookshelf. I have some of his things inside of them, and as you can see I stocked up the blue basket with tons of diapers. I used some of my birthday money and got the baby a huge pack of costco diapers and wipes and the diapers are soo cute! :)

I call my baby my little monkey, so I especially like these diapers. Aren't they so cute? Allen and I got our car seat in our car so its ready to go!


I worked on his name for his room and got it all finished!


Now I just need it put up on the wall! :) I have been putting my list of addresses together to send out baby announcements and I have started addressing the envelops so that can all be done. That way when I get my announcements I just have to stuff the envelops and put them in the mail! I am trying to get ahead of myself. Last night Allen HAD to go buy Twilight at midnight. He is such a goof. If any of you know my husband you understand why this is so strange for me. He is not that type of person. He was SOOO anti twilight and then became obsessed when the movie came out. Then he couldn't put the books down and he was counting down the days for the movie to come out. He is such a goof!

Last night was really really really rough for me. I used to get these pains late ant night and in the morning in my pelvic area where my legs connect, but now it is a constant pain all day long. Yesterday I couldn't even walk. I was in so much pain. I can't move, I can't get up...I am helpless. I left work early today because I couldn't even sit the pain was so strong. The baby is so active and really hurting me a lot. Last night I just broke down into tears because I can't take the pain. I know I am a wimp, but seriously...the pelvic pains are unbareable. Allen gave me some Tylenol PM to calm me. I was just about to go to the store to get castor oil. I was so done. I still want to, but he wont let me. Come on...I am almost 39 weeks! Just get him out already! I don't even know what to do. I can't stand, walk, or sit because my pelvis hurts. I know lots of you have gone through this, and what do I do?
I am going to pack my hospital bag this week so I can have that ready when I go into labor. I want to be prepared and not forget something important. I need some advice! What are some things you packed that was nice for the hospital and what are some things you wish you had? Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks! :)

6 comments:

  1. Bring supportive sports bras.... they help when your milk comes in. And if you were anything like me, bring plenty of nursing pads! Remember, you will still look 5 or 6 months pregnant when you leave the hospital so bring some bigger pants/ shirts. I would also take home tons of the hospital pads because they are free and they work better! Also, a good book or game can't hurt if you have a long labor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. USE THE DRUGS! The hospital pads with the ice in them are amazing stock up on those and the hospital underwear is amazing too! Don't forget baby socks and mittens! I did and Kenzie left with a huge scratch on her face. I know walking hurts but the more you do it the faster you will go into labor or if you have access to a pool that will really put you into labor! I tried spicy food and that didn't help at all for me but it could work for you!

    CHAPSTICK for you while in the hospital is a LIFESAVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I can't believe you are so close! I don't have any advice...wish I did! I hope he comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine just bought a maternity belt because she was having the same kind of pains. Here's her blog about it : http://heidisblog.biglaughs.org/2009/03/19/im-wearing-a-belly-bra/
    I know you only have a little while longer, but it's something to at least look into, and could possibly help with your next one!!
    That's all I've got because I haven't had one yet!! Hope it helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitney, I know its rough right now, but in a week or two it won't matter. Just hang in there.

    My advice on the castrol oil is DON'T do it. My friend had her baby a month ago and she tried it. It made her REALLY sick and she did contract. The thing is, she contracted for a day or two and then it stopped. I don't think its worth it.

    I agree with what the other ladies said. Take as many pads from the hospital as you can. Also, make sure you buy big pack from the store to have at home. That way Allen doesn't have to run to the store if you run out.

    Here is my list for the hospital:
    -Slippers
    -Chapstick
    -Snacks
    -COMFY clothes
    -Hair Ties
    -Cell Charger

    Good luck guys! Riley will be in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the nurses wouldnt let me wear any bras the whole time in labor because i was getting an epidural. and everyone told me to take games/movies/books/ext. so i took a ton and we didnt use 1. we barely even opened our bag. you will be busy and excited during labor and so will Allen...especially if you get an epidural because you will be in less pain and be able to have a conversation..you will be just so excited for your baby to come. I just watched the monitor with the baby's heart rate and my contraction's the whole time and that kept me occupied. I know your in a lot of pain right now...but its all worth it. I knwo that you know that, but when I was pregnant I didn't know it would be worth it. and now that i've done it i would do it a million times for my one little baby. also, labor/delivery/recovery is not as hard/bad as everyone says it is!! I guess that is my situation...but i think everyone told me their horror stories (everyone does that) and no one told me the good ones. its really not that bad. so dont be scared or nervous. the doctors/nurses will take good care of you. im already almost done bleeding and its only been 2 weeks! also, when you are at the hospital dont be shy. if you need something even a little, ask your nurse. they are great and will get you anything you need. i am so excited for you! i love you and good luck! you're going to be an amazing mommy! and Allen will be sooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.