Sunday, March 29, 2009

3 DAYS!

Sunday, March 29, 2009
...until my due date.  Woohoo!  Which means probably 10 days until he comes....let's hope not!  Last night I made monkey bread and put it in the fridge so I could bake it in the morning.  So this morning I woke up and put it in the oven and frosted it, it was nice to have a warm breakfast to eat.  ***I POSTED THE RECIPE ON MY RECIPE BLOG*** Allen went off to his meeting before church and then I threw up.  I was so bummed.  At this stage, throwing up really hurts.  It makes my stomach contract and the muscles hurt so bad.  I had to go lay down because it put me in a lot of pain.  So I missed church today.  I would have been so uncomfortable and not have even made it through sacrament.  Oh well, I am nine months pregnant, I am sure people understand.  

Yesterday was an eventful day!  So let me start at the begining of the day.  Allen went to his Spanish class at UVU and then came home.  I got ready for my last day of work and then he drove me to work.  Work was fun.  I love my job, and kinda sad that it was my last day...but happy because it will be nice to stay home.  We got a new machine last week that does silk screening on t-shirts.  I got to play around with it and I put a monkey on a shirt.  It was fun! :)  My work threw a little going away party for me and there were presents and a card with $40 in it.  We had cake and stuff and I thought it was so sweet of them.  They made me promise to call right after I had the baby to let them know!  Allen had to work at the Pizza Factory from 2-close and had the car, so my sister in law Maria was kind enough to come get me from work and bring me home.  Thanks again Maria! :)  

So here is the next story of the day:
I got home from work about 3:20 and had NOTHING to do for the rest of the night.  The weather was so PERFECT.  It was warm but not hot.  The sun was out...it was so nice.  I felt great.  I finally was able to walk again since I couldn't all week.  So I wanted to take advantage of the nice weather and me feeling good and get out of the house.  I had missed a baby shower that morning that I really wanted to go to and I needed to get her a gift, so I had a brilliant idea.  I was going to walk to the bus stop and take the bus to Babies R Us and enjoy the night.  So I looked up the bus schedule and planned the route and walked to the bus stop.  I texted Allen and told him I was at the bus stop and going to Babies R Us so he wouldn't worry...well I guess that made him worry even more.  He called me freaking out and told me I could not ride the bus.  I told him it was too late that I was riding it anyways.  I guess he had already called my brother in law Scott and asked him to come pick me up from the bus stop, that he didn't want me riding the bus.  So up pulls Scott and asks me to get in the car and I told him I wanted to ride the bus.  Well he kindly made me get in the car and drove me to Babies R Us.  That was so sweet of him, but I was so excited to get out and walk and just enjoy the night.  Oh well.  I guess Allen thinks its a bad idea for me to ride the bus being this pregnant!  I think it was sweet of him to look out for me, but I would have been totally okay!

So here is the next story:
Last night Allen had to close at work and it was a later night because they had a huge party walk in right before close.  Well I called him at 11 to see how things were going with closing and he said he would be leaving in about 45 minutes.  Well he ALWAYS calls me and informs me when things are going later than normal and tells me when he was on his way home.  Well at 12:15 I started worrying a little because I hadn't heard from him yet telling me it was taking longer.  I didn't want to call and bug him or anything so I just kept watching the clock.  12:20, 12:25, 12:30....okay I am now really worried.  I kept calling his cell phone and NO ANSWER.  I called over and over and over again....NO ANSWER.  After ten mintues of calling I called his work to see if he was still there and the manager informed me he left around 12.  So, he left at midnight, and it is now 12:40 and he is not home and he isn't answering his phone.  Can you imagine what that did to me?  I thought for sure he had an accident or something and was dead somewhere.  I kept trying to call him and still no answer.  So I called my mom bawling and explaining the situation and asking her what I should do and she told me to call Maria and Scott.  So I get off the phone with her and I am sobbing uncontrollably.  I call Maria and to make a long story short, he was over there.  I guess he thought I would have already been asleep and didn't want to wake me up to tell me he was coming home.  Well Maria and Scott only live a few doors down from us, and when Allen was driving by he saw lights still on at their house so he stopped by and left his phone in his car.  Allen came rushing home after I called Maria and I was just sitting in my glider chair in the babies room bawling my eyes out.  He came up to me and just hugged me and held me and told me how sorry he was but thought I was asleep.  I explained that I wasn't mad at him, just that I thought for sure he was dead.  Oh I cannot even explain to you all how I felt last night.  I was so scared and didn't know what to do.  What else would you think if its almost 1 in the morning and your husband still isn't home from work and you can't get ahold of him.  IT KILLED ME!  All I could think about is that I am having a baby in a few days and my husband is gone and I was all alone...not a good feeling.  Not at all!  


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's a horrible feeling. I always freak out if lukas was supposed to be home at a certain time and never shows and doesn't answer his phone. what an awful feeling. i'm glad he was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely a mom already! I had that same freakout with my husband days before our son was born too. I knew his class was out but he wasnt answering his phone and I knew for sure he had been in an accident and I lost him but guess what?! He was actually at the store buying me flowers! He felt so bad! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like i told you whit it will take me at least three hours for me to fully die so after three hours then you can start worrying about if i am dead or not

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.