Wednesday, March 11, 2009

and at the 37 week appointment....

Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I had my appointment today and there hasn't been any progress at all since last week! BUMMER! The doctor said its really common for women to eface a ton and then have no progress again until labor. So I guess we'll have to see if I stay the same again till next week. I listened to the heart beat again and it sounded really slow compared to normal and I asked the doctor if it was. He said it was on the slower side but that it would still be okay. It kinda made me nervous how slow it was compared to normal. So yeah I am still 60% efaced and dilated to a 1.

My email this week congratulates me on carrying my baby FULL TERM! Babies are considered full term at 37 weeks which is great to know he can come at any time and not have health problems from coming too early. It says that he is about 6 1/3 pound and over 19 inches long this week (giver or take). Also it says that his lungs should be fully developed and ready for the outside world. So YIPPEE!!

I am getting a ton of pelvic pains where my legs connect. I feel like I have worked them out so hard that I tore muscles or something...but I just know that its my body preparing for labor. Sometimes the pain is so intense that I don't want to walk. That mostly happens in the morning when I first wake up or if I have been relaxing for a long time. The baby is kicking and moving so much right now. It feels and looks like he is trying to find a way out! HAHAHA! Smart little kid! So yeah I am enjoying my last few weeks and can hardly wait to meet the little bugger!

21 days left! (20 days till mom comes to visit)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! It's coming, it's coming!!! I remember the pelvic pains in the morning. Haha.

    Here's the site I used for the sugar cookies! YUMMM!
    http://pies-cookies-squares.suite101.com/article.cfm/sugar_cookie_recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh...I forgot that my legs hurt there. I know exactly where you are talking about.
    Its funny to me now because I am not pregnant. :)
    How exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.