Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh the pain...

Friday, November 7, 2008
I open my eyes at 8am disappointed because of lack of sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night, it certainly was awhile ago. I am so tired and my body can't move. I make my way out of bed and struggle just walking out of the bedroom. I hear my husband in the front room, "What's wrong?" I must have looked drugged or something. I feel my body just dragging along the floor as I am attempting to walk. My stomach hurts, and hurts bad! I am holding my hand on my stomach, my bump that just aches. "I just hurt...", I respond walking into the bathroom. Shortly after he left for school, I put some clothes on and drove to get some things I needed for his birthday present. I started the present and then looked at the clock. I had to hurry and get to work! I walk into work and instantly I wanted to go home. I knew today was going to be long because of my body. Customers after customers walked through the line. "Can I get the coupon on that?" "Where are your magnets?" "That was supposed to be 75%off" "Where's the bathroom?" Today just isn't a good day. I am told that I am the last one to get a break today. WHY? I need to sit down, I can't even stand. Finally 2:00 rolls around and I tell the customers that my till is closed and that someone else can help them as a try to hustle into the back room. The whole way to the back I get stopped every few feet, "Where are your ribbons?" "Will these pencils show up on wood?" "Is this on sale?" "Where can I find..." I just want to go on break! After 30 minutes sitting at the table in the back enjoying my salad and relaxing, I clock back in and make my way back to the register. I stood there customer after customer in horrible pain. My back was burning in pain, my feet felt swollen, my lips burning from being chapped, my stomach going CRAZY! All day I felt as if my belly was just growing. There was so much pressure and it wouldn't stop! I realized that if I hold my hand under my stomach that the pain would be minimal, so I tried to hold it every chance I could. The entire day I felt like I would collapse and fall asleep on the floor. Every employee left for the day and I was still there. Oh how badly I wanted to leave too. I watched new employees get there for the new shift and I wanted to leave, but I was there for another two hours! The pain was coming on even stronger! I look at the clock at 4 to find that I still had one more hour of work...NO WAY! I didn't want to be there one more minute. I felt like 30 minutes passed by and glanced at the clock. It had only been 5 minutes. That last hour was killing me. Finally it was 5 and I hurried to clock out and get home. Once home I felt so much better but as the night is progressing, the pain is coming back. I have no strength in my body. I am sitting here at the computer now typing this post and just trying to get through the day. I think I am going to go take a nice bath, put some warm pajamas on and some chap stick and go cuddle with my husband under a blanket and watch a movie as I fall asleep in his arms.

I will wake up in the morning the same way and then go to work again. Oh the joys of being pregnant, and the sad thing is I know this is just the beginning. There is much more and much worse pain to come. It is amazing what we do for our children, and I wouldn't trade this in for anything!

2 comments:

  1. umm maybe you should call your doctor? my stomach hurt some, but i also had the stomach flu, so im not sure if it was that or the baby/uterus growing..i dont think your supposed to be in that much pain though. ps take 1/2 tab unisom every night- it will help with being nauceous and help you sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only explanation I can think of is that Allan is secretly a vampire and you have a half-vampire, half-human baby growing inside you uncontrollably fast. Hopefully it doesn't start breaking your ribs soon. Wait... maybe that was Twilight...... ;)

    but seriously I agree, I've never heard someone talk about being in so much pain with pregnancy as you have had. I think you should see your doctor for sure, hurting like that isn't normal, or else no one would ever have babies!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.