Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Half way there!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
So today I have officially hit 20 weeks and we have 20 more weeks to go...so I am HALF WAY THERE! It's so funny how at the beginning of my pregnancy, 20 weeks felt so far away and I didn't think I would ever get there. Well here I am and now I am like, "Why was I so anxious to get to this point?" It's not like it changes anything but I was so excited. Now I am thinking, will I ever get to 30 weeks? That feels so far away too but I hope it goes by quick. I think the next two months at least are going to fly by because of the holidays and stuff. So yay for being half way done. It's amazing how people say you should feel great your second tri-mester! I had such an EASY first trimester and as soon as I almost hit the second one it started becoming a struggle. My second trimester has been filled with throwing up, not sleeping, HORRIBLE back and stomach pains, being put on bedrest, bleeding, terrible head aches, and just being too dang uncomfortable. So many of my friends who are pregnant feel great in their second trimester and it sucks to know I am just getting worse! I guess I will ignore what the books and the doctors say about how I should be because I am not following the trend. At least I know that the baby is still healthy and moving around a lot. That gives me so much comfort. For those who have never been pregnant let me explain something. Before you feel the baby, you stress EVERY DAY that you have lost the baby. You just hope and pray that he is still there. Right before your doctors appointments you get so nervous that something isn't right, but as soon as you hear the heartbeat, your worries go away. (For that moment at least!) But now that I can feel our precious boy, I get that reassurance every time he kicks that he is still alive. It sure is great to feel it!

1 comment:

  1. isn't that amazing? I;m glad you can feel him now and you wont have to worry so much. and yay for being 20 weeks! I know- i hope it goes by fast too! :) at least we will not be prego in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.