Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's goal time.

Thursday, July 30, 2009
So both Allen and I have put on a little bit of weight. Okay, maybe not a little, more like a LOT! Part of my excuse was being prego...but I really can't use that as an excuse. After Riley was born I dropeed some weight, and then quickly put a lot on. I am eating no different before yet every time I look in the mirror, I look heavier and heavier. I guess my metabolism has changed. I am not happy with how heavy I am, and I can't look in the mirror. It is too depressing. I hate getting dressed for the day because I seriously have like one shirt that fits. I just hate it. My sister came to town, and she looks good! She has lost so much weight...and while she was here I really realized just HOW heavy I really am. Allen and I sat down and talked and made a plan. We do tybo together every day now and I am working on what we eat. Last night we had a LIGHT dinner compared to what we are used to. I looked up on the internet and read how many ounces of meat we should eat a day, and Allen and I eat at least double that amount, if not triple. Women should eat about 4 ounces a day, and men between 6-8. So I defrosted some chicken and weighed it to be the right size. One 4 oz and one 6 oz. I marinated it in a low calorie marinade and grilled it. I even pounded the chicken thinner so that it didn't look as small...hehehe. So for dinner we had that small amount of meat, and we both ate a cup of grapes. That was it, and when the food was gone, we were done. That is how it's going to be for awhile. It sure is an eye opener when you realize how much you SHOULD be eating. We set a goal of where we want to be weight wise. Allen wants to lose 35 pounds, and I want to lose 45 pounds (yes I really have that much to lose, it's depressing). Our goal date is Christmas. With eating light and exercise daily I think we can do it. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to motherhood! I used to be able to eat what I wanted and exercise occasionally and still look good and trim but NOW?? We have mommy bodies and I want my good figure back! Its sounds like you guys are on a good schedule and will be looking fab by Christmas! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a calorie counter. I keep track all day and save some calories for things that I really love. That way I am not depriving myself, so I am less likely to binge and undo everything I did. It takes some work but there are some great websites to help you keep track of your calories and your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with calorie counting...or at least writing down what you eat! Just eat in moderation! I love weight watchers because it really teaches you that! Then you can go on from there! Good luck!! Now you have motivated me to go to the gym!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and ps! You should put some of your healthy yummy recipes on your other blog!! We will stay tuned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on setting some goals! It feels so good to stick to something and see the progress you make. Thanks for the reminder, I should set some goals for myself! And I agree 100% with Melanie. In the end it all comes down to calories. You could eat only cupcakes and lose weight, as long as you only ate 1500 calories worth of cupcakes a day (like three cupcakes). You could also lose weight by eating mountains of celery. My point is that since it comes down to calories, it helps me to look for foods that are low in calories but still fill you up. Also, you can take in calories a LOT faster than you can burn them. So eating calorie dense foods just means hours more exercise. Make each calorie count! Then you won't have to be hungry. Good luck! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's GREAT you have set some goals and announced them because you will really have to stick to it now! I lost all my baby weight with Body For Life (you can look that up online) it's a super great (and a very do able) eating plan as well as work out schedule. I am sure Tybo will be great but I found this work out plan took 20-45 minutes and it was just as effective as a 90 minute work out. Good luck with the weight loss plan! I know how you feel and I will be where you are at the end of December (when I am due). Then it's back to working out for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand what you're going through! I just put my mind to it & I actually started working out again in February of this year & I never said I was on a diet, I just started making better food choices. Let me share something...I started eating 25 grams of fiber a day & it helped me by not craving sweets all the time!! I mean, I don't even put sugar in my cereal or my coffee anymore!! That's a miracle for me:) I was afraid to weigh myself so just recently I got brave to get on the scale & realized I lost 19 lbs..whoohooo. I know it took a long time, but I figured it would happen eventually, so I didn't give myself a time limit because I probably would've stressed myself out! So I always say that my food is "Fiberlicious" :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.