Thursday, February 19, 2009

A taste of my future

Thursday, February 19, 2009
Well I talked a few posts ago about how my hours have been cut at work. I work now only on Friday and Saturdays. It sucks financially but it has been so wonderful. It is nice to have more time around the house to relax and nap and take care of my body. I haven't worked all week. I left the house on Monday with Allen and then I left when we did the birthing classes, but besides that...I haven't left the house at all this whole week. I have really enjoyed my time home alone. There is many things I could be doing such as laundry and cleaning my bedroom...and I haven't. This week I decided to focus on just a couple things:

1. Having a nice dinner ready for Allen when he gets home from work and taking care of him, and
2. Keeping the kitchen spotless.

I am well known for making so many messes when I cook and I hate to clean them up. I just hate doing the dishes and stuff. Well I am proud to say that this week I have cooked SO much and have not made any messes. I am practicing for when the baby comes! :) I have put a lot of focus this week on Allen. He has had some tough days at work and he is trying to pick up extra shifts to help our income. He is so wonderful and I just wanted to show him how much I love him. Besides making sure dinner is ready every night, I am trying to bake other little goodies for him. Last night I baked blueberry muffins for him to be able to take to work for breakfast and I baked some hot cookies for him right before we went to sleep. I have probably told him a million and a half times this week how much I love and adore him and I just can't stop holding him. I just love standing there and hugging him. Yesterday his back was in so much pain and I gave him a back massage. I just love to make him happy and I am working extra hard this week. Next week I am going to try mastering the laundry! :) HAHAHA! I don't mind putting the clothes in the wash, I just HATE folding them and putting them away.

Well with a little under 6 weeks left until my due date, I am trying to practice being a better wife/mother. It has been nice staying home more and getting used to being here and not staying busy at work.

Allen is going to be such a wonderful father. Last night I heard him talking to someone about the Wii. He was talking about seeing a commercial or something of a dad holding his little son and playing the tennis on Wii Sports. He was talking about how every time the father swung the remote to hit the ball, the boy would start laughing. He then said, "Man I have to get one of those!" It is just fun to know he is already thinking about how to play with his son and make him giggle. Also yesterday he was playing Xbox360 and was playing this basketball game. Well I was just laying on the couch playing spider solitaire on the lap top and all of a sudden I heard the announcer on the game announce a player. I heard, "RILEY BENNETT". I looked over and Allen looked up at me and smiled. It was just so cute that he made a player of our son. I love the little things that Allen does for me and our little monkey. He is going to be such a wonderful daddy!

I can hardly wait for a few weeks when Allen will walk through the door from work. Instead of me being there to hug him and kiss him, he'll have his son too. Then we can sit down at the table to eat dinner...the three of us, not just two!

My grandpa was able to seal Allen and I together in the temple. He is a wise man who I admire so much. One thing he told Allen and I on our wedding day is to always remember to serve one another. He said that as long as you remember to put the other person before yourself and to serve your spouse that you will always be the happiest. I have truly been so happy this week as my focus has been to serve Allen. It makes me be a better person!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Whitney. =)

    And I can't believe how soon little Riley will be here! My heavens I'm so excited for you both. It will bring more joy than you can even imagine!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.