Wednesday, February 4, 2009

32 weeks

Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Today our little boy hit his 32 week mark! He is now almost 17 inches long and weighs almost 4 pounds. Well, we don't know that it is completely accurate, but that is was the average baby is at when they hit 32 weeks. So I guess give or take a little. I cannot believe we are this far along. It seems like just yesterday he was the size of a limabean! My email this week says he now has his hair and everything. How exciting. It is wonderful to know that if we were to have our baby at this point, that he could survive, he would just need medical help most likly. At least I know that he can survive...that gives mommy comfort! :)

Last night Allen and I started the birthing classes. It is 3 hours long and it is soooo hard to sit that whole time. I was dying. Last night I was really struggling breathing and I had to keep getting water and stuff. They talked a lot about what to expect for labor and stuff, when to know when to come to the hospital, how to time our contractions, and all sorts of stuff. We watched two movies of women going through child birth and let me tell you I am so scared. I am not looking forward to that part. At the end of the video I looked over at Allen and he looked like he just saw a ghost and was about to pass out. Oh I love him so much. All the men in the room had the same look on their faces...it was amusing. I am so glad we are taking the class because its really helping to know what to expect and they don't sugar coat it. We have 4 more weeks of this class and I am excited about learning more.

Where I am at in the pregnancy:
* I can't sleep at all. The doctor told me to start taking Tylenol PM and boy does that make a difference. It is night and day.
* I am throwing up a lot again.
* My feet and hands haven't swelled up much! :) What a plus.
* I can't breathe anymore. I constantly feel as if I just climbed 10 flights of stairs. As soon as the baby drops more I will be able to start breathing a bit better.
* I have gained a ton of weight and it needs to stop! :) At least there is a gym I can hit once the baby comes to lose the weight! :)
* I HATE my stretch marks but at least my husband is sweet about it. There is always the option of a tummy tuck when I am all done having kids! :)
* I am always really uncomfortable, but I am starting to get used to it.
* My son loves to play a LOT and really enjoys kicking me in the places that hurt the most. I am starting to get pay back already for the hassle I caused my parents! :(
* I love my son so much and just want to hold him and kiss him. I wouldn't trade this in for anything!

Hang in there little guy...not much longer!

3 comments:

  1. UMMMM NO tht would be a negative you do not even begin to have payback yet! And I sign a disclaimer right here and now, you will get NO sympathy from me when you have any trouble from your kids.
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. (LOL, go Dana!)

    Whitney, I have to keep reminding myself that you have a little baby inside you. I can't tell you how amazing this experience is going to be for you!! Just keep thinking about the wonderful day when he'll make his appearance while you're swelling, uncomfortable and can't breathe. =)

    And the birthing process isn't as bad as you think as it's going to be! I was literally so scared the day of my induction, I was shaking and couldn't stop cleaning the house just to keep my mind off of it! lol. But all in all, I would do it again in a heartbeat. And take my advice....have an epidural!!!! Absolute lifesaver. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this makes me scared for the third trimester. haha

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.