Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day...and layoffs!

Saturday, February 14, 2009
I hope everyone is having an amazing Valentines Day. I worked this morning and Allen works tonight so we spent Valentines Day together yesterday. He was at school in the morning and then came home with flowers and presents. He got me some stuff for my Kitchen Aid that I have been wanting. He is so good to me. Then he said for me to get dressed because we were going out. So I got dressed and he took me to our favorite place...Fudruckers. I love love love eating there. Such yummy burgers. Then he took me to the movies and we saw "Taken". Oh my was that movie AMAZING. I loved it so much. It was great to go to the movies together one last time before the baby comes, because once he comes...our movie days will be over for awhile. I really enjoyed spending the day together and I just love him so much. This morning I woke up at 6:30 and made breakfast and then woke him up. I was planning on bringing him breakfast in bed...but he kinda ruined that. Since he figured out I was planning on that there was no point in surprising him...so we just ate together. So I woke him up and had a nice hot breakfast together. Then we had to hurry and get ready for the day because he had school at 8:00 and I had work.

After work my manager Karen came up to me and said that she needed to talk to me. That never sounds good when people say that. So we went to her office and sat down and she said, "Corporate has told me that it's lay off time"...of course my heart stopped. Then she continued to say, "We don't want to lay you off, but we do have to cut your hours by a lot!" I said okay and asked what my new schedule was and she said Friday and Saturday mornings. So I went from working 4 days a week to 2. OUCH! It does suck major that I am hardly working now because Allen and I are really going to feel a major crunch. But...I feel so blessed. She said they were laying off a few people and everyone else was getting their hours cut. How blessed am I that I was not laid off. It would make more sense to cut me first seeing that I am pregnant and can't stock shelves like everyone else, and I am leaving in about a month. So you would think that I would be the first to go...but luckily I still have 2 shifts.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, i hate layoffs. you got lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm sorry about the sort of layoff, but at least you got to keep some hours!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.