Thursday, February 26, 2009

A nervous day!

Thursday, February 26, 2009
This morning I woke up and got this major pain in my stomach.  It almost felt like cramps but much stronger and more painful.  I felt as if I couldn't move.  I felt my stomach to see if it was tight to see if maybe it was a contraction, but instead I was feeling this weird pulse.  Everywhere on my stomach that you touched you could feel it.  It almost felt as if the babies heart beat was so strong that I could feel it all over.  It was the strangest feeling and it lasted a few minutes.  Then it went away and that was that.  Well I continued to lay in bed and play on the lap top.  Normally the baby is very active in the morning and after a couple hours of being awake he hadn't moved once.  So I got out of bed and made some toast with peanut butter and jelly on it.  After I eat, especially if there is sugar in the food he goes crazy.  Well after I ate, there was still nothing.  I laid back down for awhile and by 12:30 decided to go take a bath.  He always is very active and wakes up when I get in the bath.  I laid there for 30 minutes and still nothing.  So then I called my mom to see what I should do.  She said to get out of the bath and drink lots of very cold water.  So I got out and drank lots of water and sat down on the couch and put my hands on my stomach.  Eventually I felt him move but it wasn't a kick or a roll, it was a twitch.  I thought to myself, "That was very interesting, but at least it was a movement!"  So I called my mom back and asked what I should do.  She told me to call the doctor and see what they say.  I talked to a nurse and she said that I for sure needed to go to the hospital and get hooked up to a machine.  Allen was at work with the car so my sister in law Maria drove me to the hospital and Allen met me there.  They hooked me up to the machine to check the babies heart rate and make sure things were okay.  They monitored it for about 45 minutes and things all looked good and he started moving.  So who knows what happened this morning but it all turned out good!  I love how Allen always tries to lighten the mood.  He started dancing to the sound of the heart beat.  It gave me a good laugh!  Love ya honey!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I've been so worried all day. I didn't know you blogged about the outcome. GOOD I'm so glad everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary!!! I'm glad everything is ok though and that Riley is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happened with Kenzie...during the last few weeks she stopped moving as much as normal because she literally had room to move. I think I called the doctor like 500 times but don't worry its normal.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.