Monday, April 14, 2008

It's starting to come together

Monday, April 14, 2008
I finally found a craft table that I like. I found it on KSL for $35. I was so excited. I have been looking for something large enough for my sewing, art, and scrap booking. Those who know me know that I LOVE to sew and draw more than anything. It has killed me living with roommates and not having space to do what I love. So I found the table and Allen put it together for me on Saturday. Ever since I moved in I had boxes and boxes in our spare room and now its all cleaned up and I have our computer desk all set up and same with my craft table. Every time I walk down the hall and see the room clean it is the biggest sigh of relief. I feel like our home is finally starting to come together. It feels GREAT!

Yesterday we went to church. We combined with the young women at the beginning and I had such a sweet experience. You know when you are a youth and you stand to recite the Young Women's theme, you just say it and sit down. Well know that I don't recite it every sunday I really have grown to appreciate it. As we stood as the Young Women and the Relief Society together and said the Young Women's Theme it brough tears to my eyes. I couldn't believe how powerful that theme is that I used to stand and recite weekly. It felt so amazing to stand there and see the Young Women around me.

I made fried chicken and mashed potatoes last night. I love that meal. I can never cook it like my mom does though. I always try and do it the same way as her but it doesn't turn out right. Good thing Allen loves me regardless. I should give myself some credit. It wasn't bad and I can cook. There are just some things I haven't mastered yet. Allen is so good to me. I love that he cleans up the kitchen for me after we eat. He cleans everything and puts the left overs away while I put the dishes in the dishwasher. It works so well. I love that he is very helpful.

Right now I have dinner cooking. It has to cook forever. I love these chicken tacos. They are so amazing. I am so excited to eat them.

I am getting closer to posting pictures of my new home I promise. I have been waiting for a card reader and for my apartment to be a little more settled. I am getting there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.