Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2 months old?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Photobucket
Photobucket
Riley was considered 2 months old on Sunday. Time sure does fly quick...I cannot believe it. Well, today I had to take him to his 2 month check up. He had to get 3 shots. I tried to be strong for him. I held him in my arms and held onto his hands. I kissed him before they gave him the shots and then I talked with him through the whole thing. He was screaming so loud and was turning purple. It was so sad. I kept talking to him because I wanted him to know that his mom was with him. As I held him, while they gave him the shots, I had tears streaming down my face. My poor baby was in so much pain. I was smart and had a bottle prepared for him. As soon as they finished the shots I threw the bottle in his mouth and bounced him. The poor guy was in so much pain he was forgetting to breathe. I tried to be really strong for him, but I still cried. Well as of today he is 11 pounds 3 1/2 ounces, and 24 1/2 inches long. He is in the 78th percentile for his length and 33rd percentile for his weight. He gained more weight than he was supposed to this month, but because he is so tall, he is lower in the weight percentile. When I saw how much he weighs I was shocked! He is such a skinny skinny boy but weighs so much. I guess that is the positive thing about being so tall! I'm glad my boy got my tall genes!

Allen left this morning for California. He is down there till Sunday night. So unfortunately it is just me and Riley alone for the next 4 days. It sure will be tough to have nobody else to talk to.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, shots are the worst. Especially the first ones!!! It gets better, don't worry. =)

    I've missed the last few entries...so many cute pictures! And I can't believe how stinking tall he is!!! At Kristie's 9 month appointment she was 26 inches long! She hasn't had her 12 month appointment yet, but she's not that much taller. Your kiddo's gonna pass her up any day now! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whitney, it seems like you just barely had your little Riley; it goes so fast!
    A friend of Jed's sister took our photos for us. She lives in Salem and does them in her home. I can't quit looking at them! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.