Friday, December 12, 2008

Some people sure know how to make you feel awful!

Friday, December 12, 2008
Like I posted in the previous post, we are preparing our second room for the baby.  I posted our computer desk and my craft table on KSL.  I thought it would take awhile to sell like most things do, but I sold them both within a couple hours.  It sure is nice to be able to make room for this baby.  So here comes the story:

Our computer desk was wonderful.  I LOVED it.  Here is a picture of our old desk:



The desk was great. It is HUGE and was so spacious. The only problem with it was that it was a little wobbly. It wasn't terrible at all and besides that is was in great shape. I seriously had about 15 calls on the desk within the first couple hours. Allen and I posted on KSL that it was only $25. Who wouldn't want the desk for $25 right? So we had some people who came and looked at the desk and then we got this phone call. It was a man and he said that he wanted the desk. I asked him if he would like to come look at it and he said no. He said that he had a truck and would come pick it up and didn't care to look at it first. I had explained on the ad on KSL that it was a little wobbly, and I confirmed on the phone that he knew that. He said yes. Well the desk is HUGE and isn't brand new, so Allen and I spent awhile taking the desk apart and keeping all the pieces together. If we didn't take the desk apart it would have broken in his car seeing that it isn't new and perfect. So the guy comes to our house and I explain to him that we took the desk apart for him for easy travel and that we kept all the pieces together so it could easily get put back together. He handed me the $25 and I said thank you. Allen helped him load the pieces into his truck and off he went. This was yesterday. Well today I get this NASTY email from him:

"Your computer desk that you guys sold me was a piece of S***! I don't even know why you guys took it apart cause i told you i had a truck. The metal pieces that were suppose to go in the wooden holes were messed up! They were recently glued together which you guys already know and when i tried to put the desk together the metal pieces started to fall apart! What a waste of my time and money! I hope you guys have a great Christmas with that 25 bucks!"

I cleaned up the swear word for you but he actually said the real word in the email to me. I am soooo upset. The desk was great. It wasn't crappy and it wasn't falling apart. We had so many people who wanted the desk and we could have sold it to ANY of them. We sold it for such a great price. I just can't believe that this guy had the nerve to buy the desk, not even wanting to look at it first, and we help him out, and then I get this nasty email back. I wish we sold the desk to someone who would have appreciated it and not make me have a horrible night now. Thank you guy who was a JERK!

2 comments:

  1. What a jerk! I'm sorry. Did you guys respond to that e-mail or anything?

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.