Tuesday, December 2, 2008

OH PLEASE?!?!?!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I just got back from my doctor's appointment, and let me tell you...I AM NOT VERY HAPPY! I had an appointment 4 weeks ago and as of that appointment I had only gained 2 pounds. Well I stood on the scale today and I have gained 8 pounds since the previous appointment which puts me at 10 pounds so far. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! How does someone gain 8 pounds in 4 weeks? I guess by eating a ton...which I sure have done. I just don't get full anymore. I am always hungry. The doctor walked in the room and said, "Hello Whitney, how are you today?" and I replied, "I was great until I stood on that scale!" He laughed and brought over my chart. He said, "What are you talking about? You could not be any better than you are right now. Last appointment you were under your weight that you should be at and you are perfectly on track!" OH BROTHER! You can't tell a woman that it's good to gain 10 pounds. I know that I should have and that some of it is the weight of the baby and stuff but it still SUCKS! I want to lose weight, not gain weight. So I guess the next few weeks I am going to be really good at not eating so much. I don't want to gain more than 2 pounds at my next appointment. I am going to start exercising! :)

So this morning has been so great. For as long as I can remember my family has always made English Toffee at Christmas and then started making caramels too! The last few years I have made it by myself since I no longer live at home. With today being my day off and having NOTHING to do all day I decided to start my annual Christmas candy making.



Here I have one batch of English Toffee and one batch of Caramels! Oh they are so yummy. I only make these once a year, so it sure is a treat when I make them. So I have one batch of each down, and many more to go! Oh I just love this time of the year! :)

5 comments:

  1. That toffee looks awesome! You should put that recipe on you food blog......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those caramels look delish! Makes me want to do some cookin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that tofee looks absolutely heavenly!!! 8 pounds in 4 weeks isnt half bad...girl don't try to not gain wait, the more weight you gain, the healthier the baby is going to be... when i get pregnant i am gonna try to put on so much weight for that very reason! i love you so much sweetie, if you want an excercising buddy im your girl! just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the health of your baby you better get used to gaining some weight! i am actually excited for the one time in my life that it's okay to gain weight: Pregnancy! enjoy it while you can. :)
    and that candy looks amazing. jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what is the recipe for the caremls? Please share. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.