Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Time

Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I am getting so excited for Christmas. It will be sad that this will be my first Christmas away from my family, but I have Allen and his family, so it's okay. One of the great things this time of the year is all the work Christmas parties. Tonight was one of Allen's Christmas parties. Everyone in the business office at UVU was invited with their spouses to Tucano's for a free dinner. I love Tucano's, so I very much enjoyed myself. It was fun to get out together and have a free dinner at one of our favorite places!

Today I finally finished the nursery wall that I have been working on. I have spent at LEAST 8 hours on it, so it sure has been a major project. It looks great though, so it was worth it. I just got off the phone with Babies R Us to see what was up with our order. To my surprise they said my crib and combo table was already on the truck and it's coming from San Diego. I was hoping it would come in this week and I was right. So woohoo, we will get our furniture within a couple days. I have been working so hard at cleaning out this room. Let me tell you, it is very hard to clean this room spotless and find places for everything around the house. I have piles throughout the house of stuff to sell, stuff to throw away, and stuff to go to DI. My house is a wreck right now. If anyone came inside they would die seeing it all, but I feel great about the mess because I know it's our start of getting it all out.

We have been begging our landlord to get two chairs out of our apartment. They were here when we got here and we can't store them anymore. They are HUGE orange ugly chairs but dang are they comfortable! We have just had them in the other room collecting dust but we need them out. He keeps saying he'll get them out the next morning and he wont show up. It's been about a month now of him making excuses and we are getting very upset. Allen wont even go upstairs to talk to him anymore because he is so annoyed. I am about to open our door and throw them on the drive way. All I know is they better be out by the time our furniture comes in. So there is my venting on the chairs, I am just getting fed up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.