Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our baby at 12 weeks (as of today! )

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
"The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce."



Oh, so fun! I love my updates each week. So my stomach is starting to feel tighter. My rib cage is getting wider (I can tell because my bra doesn't fit right around my rib cage anymore). My shirts are staring to get tighter...I'm starting to show a little bit. I think I am going to start "Popping" a lot more over the next few weeks. I have friends who are just a few weeks ahead of me and they are all staring to have a pregnant belly. I am so scared and so excited. We have our next doctors appointment on Monday which will be so much fun. The doctors said that I am going to be listening to the heart beat for the first time....OH SO FUN! It will be so great to have some reassurance that there is a baby in there and that I am not just getting fat! HAHAHA! So on Monday I will let you all know how that goes.

Also on Monday Allen starts his new job at UVU. I am so proud of him for going and getting a new job. He will love doing something other than doing pizzas, I think it will be a nice change. His school is going well, and he seems to not have troubles with any of his homework yet so that's good. I think that is about all that is going on...

3 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe all that happens when a baby is just the size of a lime. That's crazy and exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHIT ALL I CAN SAY IS TWO THINGS....

    1: WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED FOR YOU

    2:YOU'D BETTER KEEP THESE UPDATES COMING!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.