Sunday, September 28, 2008

Inside my head...

Sunday, September 28, 2008
Something I just dont get: I hear that when you hit your second trimester your sickness is supposed to be over and you should feel like you have more energy, etc. Well, in 3 days I will be starting my second trimester. I know that it's not something that just happens over night where you wake up feeling better...but I am feeling worse. I have had a pretty easy first trimester compared to most pregnant ladies, which I feel blessed. I only missed one day of work and I've only thrown up twice. I can hardly keep down any food but I am pretty dang good at holding it down, and I only failed twice. I haven't had any energy and have had lots of stomach aches, but overall it has been a lot better than most ladies first trimester. This last week has been really hard. I have been so sick this whole week, and my stomach hardened. I touch my stomach and it is rock hard and I feel so uncomfortable. I have the most raging head aches, and my stomach feels like its going to explode. I thought things were going to get easier, but instead I have felt more sick the last few days then I have the past 13 weeks. Oh well, lets just see how it goes in the next few weeks.

I have 2 pregnancy shirts so far and I am so glad I bought those a couple weeks ago. I am just getting so uncomfortable in all my layers and my clothes being tight, so every once and awhile I will just wear one of my new shirts. Even though they are big on me, I just feel so much better and I'm so much more comfortable.

Lately, I have been stressing about food storage. I don't know why but the last month or so I just cant get it out of my head. I just know how the economy is and I know it will get worse. I feel so strongly that we need to start collecting food storage. I know I am probably going crazy, and its probably just the mom in me coming out. I just keep feeling prompted that I need to start. My problems with it is: 1. I don't have extra money to collect more food, Allen and I just have enough for what we need. and 2. I dont have ANY room for food storage. Where in the world could I hold food storage for a family for 3 in a little basement apartment. It's starting to stress me out because I know the importance of it. Whether we end up needing it or not, which I am sure we will be fine, I would just rather be safe than sorry and know that I can protect my small but important family. Am I going crazy and do you have any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Eventually the tummy issues calm down but it definately doesn't happen like magic. It takes a while. The headaches get worse (all the extra blood circulating around) and that tummy with only get harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I'm so sorry you are feeling so sick. Just know how jealous of you I am..I wish I had a baby in me making me feel sick! ;) And about the food storage. I feel the same exact way. I badly want to get it, but we have absolutely no room or extra money. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we've had a challenge with food storage because our apartment is even smaller than yours! We have the main living room/kitchen and our bedroom and that's it: 550 square feet. I've seen pics of your apartment and believe me you DO have room for food storage! If we can fit it anyone can! See if you can fit stuff under your bed, in the bottom of closets or above your fridge or cabinets. If you start looking around you'll realize there is unused space where you can put food storage. A lot of times if you straighten up your closet or room you will find there is extra space when there isn't clutter. Also i know you have that extra craft room/office that would be perfect!

    Hopefully those ideas help. Head to costco and stock up on mac and cheese and canned chicken! Good luck! And i hope you start feeling better SOON! That is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. and if you have no money to save for food storage, keep track of your expenses for a week and see if there is anywhere you spend money that isn't necessary. Eating out, renting movies and buying un-necessary snacks are places where we sometimes waste money, and that can be saved to spend on some essential food items. PLUS Macey's is having their caselot sale right now! a good way to stock up.

    Okay i'm done now. Sorry to write a novel but i also have felt strongly about food storage lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish we could use our craft room/office, but that has to be changed into a nursery in a few months... :( I mean it will be a good change, but when we clear out this room I just don't know where anything will go. We will just have to figure something out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.