Wednesday, September 24, 2008

13 weeks of pregnancy...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.


I don't really understand...last week was a lime and now a shrimp? I feel like the shrimp is smaller than a lime. Oh well. This weeks email was really short, but I thought it was interesting that if we are having a girl, then she already has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Does that just amaze anyone else? I am just so shocked! It's so crazy how a woman instantly feels a bond to her child and an indescribable love for them. It is just the coolest thing in the world. When I went to my doctors appointment I asked the doctor if it was true that I couldn't eat stuffing on Thanksgiving with being pregnant...cuz that's what I heard and read on the internet. He said it was NOT true and that I could eat as much stuffing out of that turkey as I would like and it wont harm the baby at all! YIPPEEEE....I LOVE STUFFING! So, I just wanted to clear that up with everybody since I said a couple posts ago that I couldn't eat stuffing.

If you haven't heard about my last appointment and hearing the heart beat for the first time, you can read it on my baby blog. It was the coolest thing I have ever experienced. I would recommend it to anyone. Anyways, my 16 week appointment is on October 20th, so I am pretty dang excited. This is my last week of my first trimester, so on next wednesday I am a new woman. Well, not really...but at least I made it to the second trimester. Yay for babies!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I was thinking the same thing. I was like what the..shrimps are smaller than limes. And then I thought maybe they're thinking of a weirdly big shrimp that I would be to scared to eat. That 2 million eggs thing is insane. When I read that I was like what the buh. I didn't even know we had that many. HAHA. Wow. I need to research stuff more I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was amazed. I just dont get the shrimp thing...maybe it means if you un-wind the shrimp and measure it that is the size of the baby? I don't know...it's over my head!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.