Wednesday, March 31, 2010

To Coupon?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010
If you are all wondering whether you should coupon or not, my answer is hands down,
YES!!!!!
Do you really understand how much you save? Last night and this morning I went out to get some great deals. This is what I came home with!


Many people think that couponers go out and end up spending more money than they would JUST because something was a good deal. Some may, but a lot of them dont. All of these items were things I would have bought anyways. All of this stuff that you see in the picture was $71.64 before tax.

I only spent $13.31.

I just ran out of shampoo, conditioner, and deodorant. So this month I would have been going out and getting those three things and spending about $15.00. Well, instead, I got those three things AND 27 other items as well. Talk about AMAZING! Here is a break down of what I got:

2 Snuggle Dryer Sheets
3 Snuggle Fabric Softener
1 Dove Shampoo
1 Dove Conditioner
6 Dove Deodorants
4 Velveeta Shells & Cheese
3 Candy bars
5 Clean & Clear facial scrub
5 Halls Drops

So I got 30 items for less than what I would have been spending. Instead of getting 1 deodorant, I got 6. This all breaks down to about $0.44/item

Can you believe it? Please everyone, start couponing! You will save so much money and really stock up and get your food storage. Who doesn't want to save money?

Another question people have is where to get coupons? I got a newspaper subscription here in Utah County with the Daily Herald. I get 5 copies of the Sunday paper each week for just $18.75 a month. Just these 2 trips to the store, more than paid for my entire month of the subscription. Call around and see what deals you can get in your area. If you only get 1 sunday paper, you will only be able to get 1 item for the good price, so make sure to get multiple sunday papers. I recommend 2 papers per adult and 1 paper per child in your house.

I follow coupon blogs and hear about all the great deals. Don't get me wrong, it does take a good amount of time to organize your coupons and go shopping, but to me, it is TOTALLY worth it.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I have tried to start couponing a few times and everytime I fail because by the time I can go to the store, usually nights, all the stuff I wanted to get is already gone. Where do you shop mostly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thank you for following my blog! I am glad I got you hooked!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.