Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My 23rd Birthday

Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Yes, I am now 23. Seems so crazy to me. I bet you are wondering how my birthday has been going today. Well, today Allen woke me up before he left for work. He crawled back into bed and layed right next to me and sweetly woke me up and said, "Good morning birthday girl!" He gave me a kiss and said he was leaving for work. Great morning!

Well, then an hour and a half later he comes storming into the house. Come to find out his car broke down on the way to work, and he literally called me EVERY minute for an hour and a half. Well, since my phone was still in my purse from last night (and still on vibrate) I didn't hear it. He called his sister and asked her to drive him back home. So here he is finding my phone and putting it on the loudest sound setting. We hurry out the door and drive to where his car was parked. It completely died at an intersection and luckily a nice girl helped Allen push it through the intersection and park it on the side of the road. When Allen and I got to the car, we tried jumping it. It wouldn't work. We called our mechanic and were going to have to pay $50 to tow it to them. We scheduled the towing and then all of a sudden the car started. GREAT! So I hurry and call to cancel the towing. Riley, in the meantime is crying in the back seat because he is starving. I get in the broken honda and try to drive it to the mechanic. It was completely shutting down. Nothing was working. The car would only go about 5 miles per hour. It kept stopping and we would have to try and get it going again. Finally, we make it to the mechanic and dropped it off. Hopefully it isn't going to be much money. We are sick and tired of constantly putting tons of money into a car that is 20 years old. I love the car though, so we keep fixing it. So we will see how much that will cost us.

Allen drops Riley and I off at home and he takes the only working car to go to work. I am sad because I was excited for today. I wanted to get out of the house and go walk around the mall and go get In n Out. Who wants to be stuck at home on their birthday? Not me. So I get in the house and hurry and make Riley a bottle. He sees his bottle while I am filling it with water and he starts screaming because "HE WANTS IT NOW!" So I hurry and pour the formula in, shake it up, lay him down, and give it to him. We he is drinking his milk in the middle of the front room. In the middle of drinking his milk, he just rolls over and falls asleep. Hahaha. So here he is in the middle of the front room, on the floor, asleep. NICE!

It isn't even 11 in the afternoon. I wonder what else is going to happen today.

Happy Birthday to me! hahaha....

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your birthday morning wasn't the best...I hope the rest of your birthday is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man there was a lot of details left out of that story.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.