Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Sacrifice of a MOTHER

Tuesday, January 27, 2009
You really learn when you are pregnant the sacrafice someone once made for YOU! You don't fully understand this sacrafice until you experience it for yourself. It is so sad to know that when you get pregnant, you NEVER get your body back. It will never be the same again. Not only does your stomach get bigger, but so does EVERYTHING else. Your chest...everything! I think the most depressing thing though is the dreaded stretch marks. I was praying and hoping that I would be one of those lucky ladies who don't get them. My mom never did and I was hoping to be the same. And the verdict is, I AM NOT THE SAME. A couple weeks ago I was getting ready for the shower and looked in the mirror...and what did I see? Three itty bitty stretch marks under my belly button. Oh I can't even express to you enough how upset I was. I called Allen on the phone and told him and I was just soooo angry. Well everyday I wake up and there are more of them and they are growing. I have two more months left...this can't continue like this. But the truth is it will, and my stomach will be over taken by them. My body will never be the same again. Everyday that I look at them, I get so sad and am about ready to cry. You would expect your husband to look at them and say, "EEWWW GROSS!" but instead mine is so sweet about it and says to me, "It's okay honey, that is just what happens." He doesn't tell me its gross, even if he is thinking it. Your body is never the same again...

SLEEP. That is something that is long gone once you become a mother. Last night I was up all night because our sweet little guy didn't want to stop playing. He just loves to kick me and get lodged in my ribs and down in my pelvic area. Sometimes he does things that sends a sharp shocking pain through my body. No matter how much I love him I can't help but get angry when he does it OVER and OVER and OVER again. Anger just took over my body last night as I couldn't get comfortable and was in and out of sleep. Shame on me. He can't help it. I was speaking to my mom this morning and she told me something I never thought about. She said, "Whitney, he is just as uncomfortable as you. And you get to walk around and eat whatever you want, he doesn't get a choice!" That is so true. Here I am getting upset at night time when all he is doing is trying to get a little bit more comfortable. Shame on me!

Being a mother is a wonderful thing. Although you sacrafice a lot, it is worth it. When our little guy comes home and starts to grow older, there will be more and more sacrifice. What a wonderful sacrifice it is. Let me end with another thing my mom said this morning...

"A mom is never herself again. In many ways, it is all about giving to others!"

4 comments:

  1. Whitney, I'm sorry hun that you're getting stretchmarks, believe me they're not fun (I don't have them from.being pregnant my weight flucuated a lot in middle school & HS that's how I got mine) I really loved your mom's advice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your mom does have a few stretch marks but I was very lucky, but I did give up my girly figure.... but for everyone of my kids I would do it again without hesitation. Being a mother is the most wonderful blessing a woman is given. We are blessed people. But being a GRANDMA is even BETTER! Yea for having the job of loving and spoiling! PICK ME, PICK ME. PICK ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Whitney ... I know right where you're coming from. Poor thing. I like to think that my baby is just so excited to have a body that she can't help but squirm around a little and test it out. :) I hope she's not as uncomfortable as I am!

    Also, your blog is darling! Do you so them yourself or have someone help you? I'd love to learn how you people do it. :) Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call stretch marks "baby bites"
    They actually look like a shark attack....
    Enjoy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.