Wednesday, August 13, 2008

DANG UTAH

Wednesday, August 13, 2008
So this week is a little tough. Allen is in the Young Men's in the Priest Quorum, and for some reason here in Utah they have to go on a camp out once a month. It's crazy, and not necessary! This week he is gone at Zion's camp so he had to take a week off work. Now, this is really hard on a newly married couple who is expecting a child. I should be taking the first trimester easier and not working my body so hard so that I don't miscarry...but I have to work a lot to make up for Allen not being able to work this week. So I am scheduled 9 shifts in 6 days at The Pizza Factory. I have already worked almost 25 hours just in the past 2 days. Some people would say that that's not too bad...but waitressing takes so much energy and just running back and forth constantly. I have no energy right now because of the pregnancy. It takes all my energy just to get ready in the morning...so you can see how working my body this hard this week is really taking a toll on my body. I came home last night from working 2 doubles in a row and crashed on the couch. I hurt so bad. Normally 2 doubles in a row wouldn't be so bad....but when you are pregnant and you know you still have another double coming and some more shifts....it becomes difficult.

I am really grateful that Allen has a calling that he loves but I am getting really worried. He is enrolled at UVU this fall, so in a couple weeks he will be working and going to school. I am worried that with the camp outs and the Wednesday night activities and all the other meetings and having to help me, that he isn't going to be able to do it all. I want him to be able to concentrate on his school and not be so busy to not give it his 100% effort. I guess I am just worried about the months to come.

Allen is a great guy and can do so much at the same time, which I admire about him. I guess I need to have a little bit more faith about the situation. I hope he can do it.

MY ARGUMENTS:
*You do not need to have a camp out once a month
*Allen said they have another camp out coming in a few weeks where they are renting a cabin in Park City and are going to hang out and plan future activities.....you don't need to do that, you can meet and talk about it without taking people away from families.
*I feel like they are taking the Young Men away from their families too frequently, and they should be spending more family time together and give those families time to be together and go on trips together.
*It takes a lot on the Leader's families to have them gone so often. All of the time Allen has had to request off work already for these campouts is ridiculous. He needs to be working to support his family, not go play with the guys and having his pregnant wife over work herself


****DO NOT MISTAKE ME, I AM NOT SAYING IT'S ALLEN'S FAULT! He is doing everything he possibly can and is doing great at his calling. I love Allen so much. I JUST WISH THAT HERE IN UTAH THEY LEARNED YOU DONT NEED TO TAKE THE MEN FROM THE FAMILIES SO FREQUENTLY TO *PLAN* FUTURE ACTIVITIES TOGETHER!

P.S. I miss you Allen



Isn't this the cutest picture...I love my nephew. Every time I see this picture it makes me smile so big and chuckle. I love that little guy.

1 comment:

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.