Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oh the joys of being sick!

Thursday, March 6, 2008
So I have been sick for about two weeks now. I started feeling better and then started getting worse again. It was awful! So my mom told me I need to go get checked (but I dont have insurance). I went to the Student Health Center at UVSC and turns out I now have a horrible sinus infection. She also told me my asthma problem has gotten horrible again and I need to start taking my inhaler a lot. She also told me that it was very important for me to start sleeping by a humidifier for a bit. I didnt have one which meant I had to go buy one... :( After I left I went to Wal Mart to get my prescriptions filled. I had called my mom to see if my sister had one and she told me she didn't. To my suprise my mom said that she would buy one for me. I was so happy. So I got all the 3 prescriptions I needed, my inhaler, and humidifier to get better and it was $90...which completely got rid of the money in my account. To my suprise again my mom asked me for my bank account number to put the money in my account and she decided to put $100 in it to pay for everything. I am so grateful. I love my mom so much. I love when you think you are on your own and you get a nice suprise like that! Thanks so much mom! So I got home about 3:30 and took all my meds and locked myself in my bedroom with my humidifier. It was a great feeling. I am already starting to feel a little bit better.

So here is some more good news. Last night I noticed I had mail, so I opened it. Now, I used to work for a company called Firstline Security and stopped working there in November. Well, over time the had shorted me a lot of money and I was having a hard time getting that money. Well they went bankrupt in January and shut down. They sent out checks to their employees they had to help out a little when finding a new job. So I opened up the mail and there was a $374 check written out to me from them. I was so suprised. I really needed some money because Allen and I are saving to move into our apartment. Well now we have almost $400 that we weren't planning on. Its great how the Lord works in mysterious ways when you are in need of help. Who would have guessed that you would randomly get a nice check from a previous employer which you haven't worked for in 4 1/2 months. CRAZY! It was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing that Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways?

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.