Tuesday, March 4, 2008

8 interesting/crazy things about me

Tuesday, March 4, 2008


I was reading Maria's blog and she did this. I thought it looked fun. So anyone who reads this and wants to do the same, I encourage it!

1. I will have to go with Maria on this one as well. I HATE milk with a passion. I think that it is the most vial thing on this earth (well not really...but close). I only use it to cook with and very rarely when I have cereal. I as well drain the milk from each spoonfull before eating the cereal. Lots of people think I am strange by that and tell me to just not put milk in the bowl but I cant. I like having the moisture...I dont like it dry. So there you go...I HATE MILK!

2. I absolutely love going to kitchen stores. As a child my mom had to practically pull my teeth for me to go in there and I dreaded every minute of it. Now that I have gotten older I have completely turned into my mom. I have a hard time walking past a kitchen store and not going in. I love to go to Williams-Sonoma and look at their spatulas. I love to collect them. I guess I am a little strange because of that.

3. When I was a child I could never be bored. I would get grounded and it was never a punishment. I loved every moment of it. My mom and dad could never find a way to punish me because they would send me to my room and I would enjoy it. I swear you could have sent me to a little square room with white walls and nothing inside and I would still find something to do. I loved it. My parents even tried grounding me to the bathroom because they didnt think I could find something to do...little did they know...! :)

4. I love art. I love to draw. I used to sit there for hours and draw. My grandma used to send me only art stuff for my birthday and Christmas. They were always the best gifts. In high school I grew a love for painting and ceramics. I absolutely LOVE playing on the pottery wheel. It is one of the best feelings to have the clay in your hand and create things as it spins around. My only classes in high school that I enjoyed was choir and art. I never did any of my other homework because I would lock myself in my bedroom and work on art projects. I thrived off of it!

5. Another reason why I have grown up to be my mom. I used to think it was so weird that my mom always scrubbed the kitchen sink with Comet after she did the dishes. Ever since I moved out of the house, I often find myself opening up the cabinet under the sink and getting the comet and bleaching the sink after doing the dishes. It just comes natural. I love bleaching my sink!

6. I love to sew. I always made lots of my clothing. I loved making my formals in high school and all my skirts and fun bags. I love to not use a pattern. It was always so fun to just go buy fabric and start cutting and sewing. I was always amazed how cute things would turn out without using a pattern. It was kinda risky, but always so fun! Now that I have an apartment with a total of 6 girls, I dont have the space to sew (or the time)...but I can hardly wait to start sewing again when I have my own place.

7. I am crazy about everything matching in my home. Everything has to match right and be the same colors. I just about died when my new roommates moved in and put a pink seat cover on the toilet in my green bathroom. I also about had a heart attack when one of my roommates moved in and wanted to put out a rug that had a gnome on it. So I comprimised. It went outside! :) The other day when Allen and I went to IKEA he wanted to get these plastic neon cups and I didn't want them...I wanted them to match and with the colors of my kitchen. I guess I should loosen up about those things but it drives me insane when things are just put together all mix match in my home.

8. When I was little I used to collect random things out of the trash. I never understood why my mom threw out "cool" stuff. A two minute job of taking out the trash when I was 7 would take me 30 minutes. I would go through EVERYTHING she threw away. Once she threw away a phone that didnt work and I took it out of the trash and put it in my backpack. The next day at school I took the phone out and put it on my desk because I thought it would look cool if the kids saw I had my own phone. I dont remember what grade I was on. Probably either K or 1st. So my teacher called my mom and told her I was bringing weird things to scool.

Wow, that was a lot harder than I though it would be to come up with 8 things about me. I challange you all to do it too. It's kinda fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.