Monday, March 9, 2009

I Remember when...

Monday, March 9, 2009
It feels so unreal to be counting down the days until our little guy comes.  I remember back when I found out I was pregnant, I was so scared.  Allen and I had JUST gotten married and it for sure wasn't in the plans.  I soon started getting very excited as I thought about having a little baby in our family.  I remember my first doctors appointment, how excited and frustrated I was.  I was so angry and upset that I wasn't going to be able to listen to the heartbeat or get an ultrasound...but I was so excited to have my first appointment.  I remember those early days how I would walk into the doctor's office and feel so out of place.  Everywhere I looked there were women who were so pregnant and there was me, not even showing yet.  I remember thinking how askward it would be when I started showing and thinking I would never reach that point.  The next appointment was our 12 week appointment and I remember hearing the heart beat for the first time.  Tears of joy just ran down my face as I laid there listening.  I then hopped off the bed and hugged Allen and couldn't let go.  I remember so vividly the day that I thought I lost our son.  I remember the instant pain in my heart and the uncontrollable sobs.  I remember going over to my in laws house and Allen and my brother in law Scott giving me a blessing.  What a sweet blessing Allen gave me and the love I felt.  We then went to the hospital and I remember them trying to hook me up to the IV and them wheeling me into a room to get the ultrasound.  I was so nervous to find out if the baby was still alive.  Right away we saw the heart flickering and it was the best feeling.  That night we also found out that our little bundle of joy was a BOY!  I remember the excitement I felt, I swear nobody could wipe that smile off my face!  I remember when I started to finally show and how jealous I was of the women further along than me...which was everyone!  I remember reading my friends blogs and looking at their pictures thinking I would never ever get to that point.  A lot of my friends have now had their babies and I enjoy reading updates and looking at the pictures.  I remember about two weeks ago when the baby wouldn't move.  I was so nervous.  It was one in the afternoon and he hadn't moved or kicked once.  No matter what I tried to do to get him to move he wouldn't budge!  Thoughts started running through my mind of what I would do if I lost this child.  Pain attacked my heart of the thought of it.  This baby means the world to me, and I was not about to lose him!  I remember Maria rushing me over to the hospital and Allen met us there.  They hooked me up to the machines and we heard the heart beat still going strong...and then that little stinker decided to start moving around like crazy.  I guess he thought it was funny to play a cruel joke on mommy that day.  Well here I am now, laying on the couch, posting this post.  My little son is awake right now and enjoying kicking me in the side.  I am almost 37 weeks along and I have 23 days left until he is due.  I am one of those pregnant women I used to be jealous of.  Where did the time fly to?  This is so unreal.  This is so exciting.  This is so scary.  This is so PERFECT!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Whitney!! What a wonderful and exciting chapter both beginning and ending in your life!! Congratulations and good luck with your upcoming role as a Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so cute! This is going to be SO amazing for you, you have no idea. Little Riley is going to change your world! Can't wait to see what he looks like!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.