Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I just can't believe that I only have 84 days left until the baby comes.  That may seem like a long time to some people but keep in mind that you start your pregnancy with 280 days till the baby comes.  84 days left is nothing.  I just can't believe that I am that far along and in my third tri-mester.  You spend your whole pregnancy thinking you will never get to 14 weeks, then 20 weeks....etc.  Time flies so fast I can't even express it enough.  I know that the rest of this pregnancy is going to fly by...but also go by so long.  Luckily I have like 8 people I know who are having babies before me.  So I get to watch all the fun posts of their babies and I think that will keep me occupied until my little boy comes.  

It is so weird to know that Allen and I are going to be parents.  Well technically we already are parents because this child is alive in me...but you know what I mean.  Last night I was just looking at Allen as he was watching TV and I just kept smiling.  I can hardly wait to see him holding his little son.  I can't even imagaine what that will be like for a father to hold his little son and dream about playing sports with him and everything.  I just love little girls and I dream about dressing them in dresses and all their bows, but I am so glad to be having a boy first.  I can just hardly wait to see Allen with his little boy.  Thinking about it right now just brings tears to my eyes.  What a wonderful moment that will be!

Simple acts of kindness...what a wonderful thing.  I have been really sick and my husband has been so sweet.  Last weekend our Honda broke down and now Allen and I are down to one car.  He had the car at work yesterday because I was home sick.  Well I needed some medicine so he made a phone call and the next thing I knew, my brother in law was at my door with some medicine for me.  That made me so happy!  Then I wanted to take a bath...so I did.  Well like I have talked about in my previous post....I can't get myself out of the bathtub by myself anymore.  I can't lift myself out...it's so sad.  So anyways, Allen came home from work and I was in the bathtub.  He just walked right over to me and helped pull me out of the tub.  He is just so sweet.  Last night was my favorite though.  He has done this a couple times before, but it still makes me so happy.  Well we were laying in bed...he was reading his scriptures and I was trying so hard to fall asleep.  I rolled over and was trying to get re-situated with my blanket and body pillow.  Allen reached over and pulled my blanket over me so that I would be fully covered.  I just think it is so cute when he does that.  I love that he thinks about those little things that help me out so much.  I know this all seems so little and no big deal, but you really struggle when you are pregnant.  You can barely do anything by yourself and those little acts of kindness go a LONG way.  

I just love Allen so much.  Sometimes he is so alert to the little things I need without having to ask.  Thank you so much honey!  I really appreciate all the little things you do for me!

Simple acts of kindness go a LONG way.  Let's all work harder on that and think about the little things we can do for our spouses, friends, family, and strangers.  They can really turn anyones day around!

1 comment:

  1. I think more people need to realize the little things people do for us more. YOU ROCK! You are such a grateful wife.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.