Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baking issues no more!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Remember back when I used to complain about my baking skills? How I could cook, but could NOT bake for the life of me? Well I am so excited to say that I can actually bake! GO ME! Hahaha. I can bake cakes, and cookies perfectly now. That is huge for me. I came to you guys about my baking issues and you guys fixed it. Now I am coming to you about pies. Do any of you have any great pie recipes and/or tricks? I only attempted making a pie once in my life time and it was a disaster. I am scared to make another one...but I really want to. Anything you guys have will be great! Thanks so much!

**Allen really LOVES dutch apple pies...so if you have a good recipe for one, let me know...but any pie will do!

If you haven't realized, I have been posting recipes again on my recipe blog. I have been posting constantly for a couple weeks now. If you want a good cookie recipe, I would recommend either of these two:


You can click on the picture for those recipes. Those are the best 2 cookies EVER! A couple more recent recipes that I posted that are my favorites are:


You can click on the picture for those recipes

YUMMY! I want them all right now. So yeah, if you have some good pie recipes, please share! :) Also, if you haven't left your email address, please do now because I am going private on Wednesday! I will delete your email address on here after I write it down!

3 comments:

  1. If you have a Betty Crocker cookbook, try the Cherry Pie recipe. I can't remember what my mom usually adds extra of, but the recipe itself is easy and delicious. You could probably find the recipe online. One of the best pies there is. Just make sure you don't get the cherry pie filling with the jelly, get the cherries in water that are with the canned fruit. You won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband actually makes the best pie in the world...his specialty is pecan...I can give you the recipe. The secret is the crust...you have to be careful how you cut in the shortening with the flour, and store bought crusts are nasty so don't try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! Yes. I just bought a pie book called Killer Pies. I am just starting to bake and the book is great. I made a Mexican chocolate cream pie that my boyfriend said was one of the best pies he's ever had EVER. Definitely get the book! It's recipes from different restaurants in regions in the U.S. and Canada. It's got the classics and some pretty original ones too. Can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lemon and Lime Design © 2010-2011 All rights reserved.